3/6/2017 Continuing Steak Challenge Thread

challenge
steak

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #223

Thank you @richard
I needed that emoji cuz I tend to bang my head often. Lol

And thank you for answering my protein question. I knew it was low during your LBM/DEXA experiment.
I wanted the answer for @BGdiving. He thought your protein was very low. I was sure yours was only that low for your experiment. @carl was likely talking about watching his intake, but again, I’m betting it’s not “low”.

Based on your LBM @richard (which you’ve told me), it looks as if you follow between .6 and .8 grams protein per pound.
I use .8 grams per pound LBM. I want your LBM. I am not aiming for yours. I may be crazy but I’m not THAT crazy. This is one time we won’t be equal because of gender.
I am working on increasing my LBM right now(and further decreasing bodyfat).
I’m planning another DEXA before KetoFest.

Your LBM is massive, you dense man you :heart:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #224

For me I have been following
1.5 grams protein per Kilogram Lean Body Mass
1.5g per kg LBM

Or approximately .8 grams protein per pound Lean Body Mass
.8g per lb LBM

(roxanna) #225

I get 95 for the 1.5 per kilo and 112 for the .8 per pound. What am I missing here? Estimating with 200 lbs and 30% lbm.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #226

Simple. I’m not being exact :wink:

(roxanna) #227

Haha. That makes sense. This is the first time I’ve limited my protein so there’s a big difference b/t 95 and 112! I think I actually ate 112 (including 8g from pork rinds) yesterday.

(I am a Dog (Dog's eat until they burst!)) #228

i.e. @Brenda is not an engineer!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #229

Though I am told I am definately nerdy like all my engineer friends. Lol

Dude, this is so cool. I don’t think I could get away with a 30 day steak challenge (because what would the rest of the family eat?), but I might be able to do a “meat week.”