2nd time around, different results early on

(Geoffrey) #1

Hey all,

I am currently restarting keto for the second time. I did it in 2017 and lost 15lbs in 10 days, and 40 lbs in 4 months. I have lost 4 lbs in the first 10 days, all in the first 3 days. Frustrating, but I will keep adjusting to see what will help and update.

Stay strong.

It could have a lot to do with the state of your body before going back to Keto. I weighed the day before starting and hadn’t weighed in a while. Was shocked to be 10-15 lbs heavier than what I thought and lost 10 lbs scale weight overnight. Down only 12 more in the next 22 days. I’ve done this diet before and lost much less early on and more in the next three weeks. You never know how much or how soon the weight will come off. I was obviously holding a bunch of water.

(Katie) #3

Hi, yay welcome to the forum and great that you are trying keto again!

Is it possible that you had more weight to lose in 2017 than now? Usually the more weight one has to lose, the more difficult/slower the process is.

Not every keto journey is linear or the same. Forget the numbers of your 2017 experience, it will not be the same and that is totally okay.

(J.P. Wells) #4

This is 100% true! I’ve gotten off and come back in Keto a few times, and each time is completely different. It is completely normal to have such different results. Give yourself a few month and see how its going.

J.P. Wells

(Geoffrey) #5

Thank you everyone for the encouraging words! Based on how I felt and how healthier I was last time I am not giving up, I want this to be a permanent life style. I have slightly more weight to lose than last time and it will come off, early days are just hard.

(Susan) #6

Welcome to the forum, Geoffrey and best wishes on your Keto journey.