⬇️ 2lbs. But this fatigue!

(kilfli) #1

I wrote last Friday discouraged that I had been doing keto for 2 weeks and had lost nothing and still felt like garbage. With your guys’ help I was able to tweak my macros a little and that did seem to help. I lost two pounds :raised_hands:t3: However…I still feel so tired, even raising my arms above my head to dry my hair fatigues my muscles, I haven’t even tried to exercise other than walk because I don’t have the stamina. I feel like I’ve never run before, heavy breathy, lead legs. This is driving me crazy as exercise is important to me, physically, but mostly mentally. I started taking mag and potassium. They both hurt my stomach, so I took them before I went to bed last night and that seemed to help.

I’m 3 weeks and 1 day in. I am getting over hurdles, but being this fatigued isn’t sustainable. Is it possible my body just wants more carbs?. Maybe this WOE isn’t for me? Or am I missing something?

Thanks again all.

(David) #2

I don’t think you are missing anything. Its great you are seeing something positive in weight loss, but fatigue can be hard to deal with. I would say that time is your friend here. Your hopes and needs for energy might take a while to come through, but it will come if you give your body time to adjust to fat burning.

Jimmy Moore had a great guest on last week’s podcast who had done a study into X-fit on keto with really positive results. Might be worth a listen. Good luck with your journey :slight_smile:

(Ashley) #3

Your body is adjusting. Make sure your fat is up. And also make sure your Salt is up!

(KCKO, KCFO) #4

Make sure your electrolytes are in balance. Salt is your friend in that dept. Keep up the mag. and potassium supplements. You are not fully fat adapted yet, so this is to be expected. Also take it easy on workouts. Make sure you have a day between any cardio or strength training.

If you haven’t tried it, make some ketoaid to sip on throughout your day.

I read your other thread, I think you just aren’t eating enough. I also can’t stress enough how much salt you need on this diet. Like 5000mg, more if you do any kind of workout. I would also recommend tracking progress with a tape measure rather than a scale, you might be surprised at how much is really changing.