2017 - start of the end for sugar?

(ianrobo) #1

Devastating report here where US Army concerned at use of energy drinks

amazing to read and I am convinced 2017 will see some significant movements away from sugar and this towards Keto

(Christina) #2

I truly hope so. I was in the supermarket earlier today and I had to search for a cream cheese that wasn’t light or low fat. :expressionless:

No wonder we’re all sick.

(ianrobo) #3

oh i got some lovely stuff earlier !! but yoghurt is the nightmare so few choices for plain greek yoghurt

(Danielle) #4

FYI- @brenda has informed us that the low fat Philadelphia cream cheese actually has less carbs than the full fat. I’ll let her fill you in on the details.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #5

Yep. It does. Full fat Philadelphia cream cheese has 2 grams carbohydrate per ounce.

1/3 less fat Philadelphia Neufchâtel (which looks and tastes and cooks like regular cream cheese), has only .5 grams (one half of a gram) carbohydrate per ounce.

Conference food I didn't eat today
(Bacon for the Win) #6

finding young adults who are fit enough and not over weight has been an ongoing problem for the US military for some time now. It behooves them to do whatever it takes to figure out the obesity epidemic.

(ianrobo) #7

and they figure a lot of problems are basically this sugar delivery mechanisms named ‘energy’ drinks.

Should remeber Jeff Volek is working with the military on nutritional plans.

(Alex Allala Jr) #8

I am not sure when Monster’s Mutant Super Soda came out, but I just saw it at the store. It has 72 grams of sugar. I don’t know if these companies will stop producing these super charged drinks.

https://news.thestreet.com/independent/story/13890849/2/we-tried-monster-s-new-super-soda-here-s-the-verdict.html

(ianrobo) #9

Not whilst people still buy it and clearly in large tracts of the US (have to say Trump country) they buy and drink this crap like Mountain Dew and think Gatorade really gives you energy.

(netposer) #10

If you look at carbs for cream cheese you will notice the “light” version have less. Less fat too. :slight_smile:

(Michael Wallace Ellwood) #11

That’s as scandalous in its way as the finding that many recruits to the British army in 1914 were malnourished (but not overweight! - quite the opposite) and unfit for opposite reasons to the US military nowadays.

(ianrobo) #12

If anything that should show us govt that things need to change but sorry to say that profit rules all. I am not a commie and profit is fine but what we see is excessive profit