2017 ketonians! How's it going!

(Marshelle) #21

#flexfriday
I’m adding weights (very little) fitness classes and six minute abs video to begin sculpting and shredding. I’m such a booltlegger who hates programs so this is a game changer for me! #ketolife #kcko

(Marshelle) #22

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!!! Keep up the great work and let us see how you’re doing when the muscles start popping! :weight_lifting_man:t4:‍♀

(Rachael ) #23

I started 18/02/17 and down 20lbs. I cannot believe the absence of hunger and loss of fixating on food. I love this woe!

(Nicole Anne Parlee) #24

I’m a 2017 starter, but end of February… Down several pounds (I ditched my scale). But I am down a pant size. yay!

Before head shot:

Now head shot:

I am in this for pretty much the same reason. It’s outstanding and amazing to me what this woe has done for me. I wish more people knew about this for change! WTG for you and everything you have accomplished!

(Loraine Hansen) #25

I started January 14, 2017. I had been eating Primal Blueprint for 4 years prior, but had not cut out sugar completely until starting Keto. I wish I could report positive results, but have not had any yet. The only results that are positive so far are that I don’t get hungry and I love the food. But I’ve been able to say that while on Primal too, so not much different. I am not including a photo, because nothing has changed. In fact, I have experienced a lot of bloating and can not figure it out. I learned that it could be that I was eating too MUCH fat, so I cut back for a couple weeks, but then I got hungry again. The bloating went down temporarily, but has come back. I’m extremely frustrated. At first my energy and strength were non existent. Seems to be improving, very slowly. I’m simply reporting my experience, because I’m part of the 2017 class too. I’m not giving up, just very discouraged.

(Cindy) #26

8 weeks in, 21lbs down, blood sugar 60 pts down from normal, BP lower than ever, inflammation so much better, energy way up, heart rate in more normal range, just an overall positive feeling. Love this WOE.

Loraine, you mentioned this in another thread, and @Daisy and I have asked for more info on your foods/meals. Hope you have some time today to provide this info ( in other thread) so we can help analyze and detect root cause. It’s not uncommon for newbies to get stuck at beginning of journey. Hope we can offer some help and get you to a better place :blush:

Yes, I agree. Bloating really sounds like a reaction to something.

(Loraine Hansen) #29

Okay. @Fiorella @Daisy You’re probably right. I will track what I’m eating for a few days and get back to you. I will probably be more strict, knowing that I’m going to report it to someone!! Maybe that alone will help. THANK YOU!!! I feel like crying, you’re being so nice.

actually don’t. An accurate picture will be much more helpful of what you have been doing. It is the bloating that makes me think you are reacting to something.

Helloo all you super cool ketonians. I started low carb last September and got serious about keto around January. Down 20 or 30 pounds depending on which scale I believe, with maybe 30 to go. But I’m mainly doing this to hopefully prevent dementia, cancer, diabetes and to trim down my fatty liver.

The 2ketodudes podcast rocks my world!

(Loraine Hansen) #32

Okay. Well I can guess what I’ve been eating and send that. And/or I could send some diaries that I kept a few weeks ago. I remember I did start writing things down when you recommended it. I just didn’t send them to you.

(Marshelle) #33

It helps when others jump and to figure out where the issues are so you can keto on! This community is amazing! Please report back and let us know how it goes!

(Insert witty quote here) #34

I was failing. :frowning: I’m back on again at day 3. Drinking lots of water and not too many keto flu symptoms yet, so that’s good. I hope I can hang on this time! Congrats to all who have overcome addiction and are ketoing on! You’re all very inspiring. <3

(fitnsgrl7) #35

Hello, been doing it for 3 weeks now, feel great! Down 11 pounds… woot-woot… No before or after pics.

(Marshelle) #36

I’m a newbie again!!
I left for two months and tried low carbs non keto and it was a complete fail!! Starchy carbs led me right back to sugar cravings. My n=1 was what I bought I needed to run but I actually ran further and with less effort while fat-adapted.
Good news: I’ve only gained 10 lbs and I am down 6 already. This time, I hope to avoid keto rash and keto flu.
#ketolifer

(Mary Ann) #37

Hey there! I appreciate this information. I have a feeling if I start down the starchy carb route (even though low carb) it would trigger a lot of food cravings.

Great job already!

(Andrea E.) #38

I started on February 16 and I’m loving the way I feel. Though I’m not losing as fast as I would like, I know the weight will eventually come off. For now I’m just focusing on the positive.

Hi y’all!
I changed my diet April 1st, so I’ve been at it for about ten weeks now. Doing well and looking forward to what’s coming. I’ve let go of 10 kg (22 pounds) and feel great improvement in health, both mental and physical. Feeling a bit scared though as I posted before and during pics yesterday… now I’ve got to do well as I trod onward. About 15 years ago I did my own edition of low carb and lost a lot of weight (about 40 kg/88 lbs) in two years. But life happened and I regained it all back. I’ve since tried lchf a few times but gave up as the weight stalled and the keto-strips didn’t show any ketones even though I was strict. This time around I know a whole lot more, thanks to the Dudes and other good sources of information. I’v also bought blood ketone meter, witch has been of great comfort when I’ve been in doubt.

(Ren) #40

Started on 5/1 at hovering around 199-200lbs. Lowest I have been so far was 182 (was after not eating all day and working in the yard for 10+ hours so was dehydrated) This morning I weighed in at 185lbs. So about 15lbs in 6 weeks.