#200: Mindset Matters with Terri Lance - Committing to Keto

Originally published at: https://ketowomanpodcast.com/200/

Are you ready to take your Keto vows?! Have you made a commitment to yourself and your health that you can stick to or do you need to tweak the parameters a little? 

This week Terri and Daisy chat about what it takes to really commit to Keto and how cheating on Keto is really just cheating on yourself.

Terri has been keto for over 3 years and Paleo for 2 before that. She struggled with being overweight or obese from age of 7 until about 5 years ago and tried all types of weight loss plans and diets throughout most of her adult life.

Diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes in her early 30s, Terri was prescribed many medications, typically taking three for diabetes, a statin and an ace inhibitor. She no longer takes any prescriptions and no longer has any biomarkers of Type 2 diabetes.

Terri was a middle school English teacher at the start of her career; then went back to grad school and earned her PhD in Counseling Psychology. She was then a psychologist in private practice for over thirteen years.

Terri is now a coach with IDM’s The Fasting Method. She is the Director of Retreat Development and has hosted two fasting retreats in Hawaii.

IDM’s new website TheFastingMethod.com

You can contact Terri by email

Other episodes Terri has been in:

#196: Mindset Matters with Terri Lance - Making Keto Part of Your Identity

#105: Terri Lance - Reversing Type 2 Diabetes With Diet and Fasting

#106: Terri Lance - Reversing Type 2 Diabetes With Diet and Fasting - Part 2 

Books mentioned in this episode:

When Food Is Comfort by Julie M Simon

Breaking Up With Sugar by Molly Carmel

Terri's Top Tip

End Quote

@Daisy, I’ve listened to this one a couple of times now, and could really relate to and appreciate the discussion - thanks to both you and Terri. :slight_smile:

I’m glad you enjoyed it and found it useful. I always find chatting to Terri useful too :blush: she is so fabulous.