2/28/2017: Brenda & Donna's 30-Day Steak Challenge

challenge
steak

(Meeping up the Science!) #110

Well, everything I eat will be fatty. I’m unconcerned.

Also continuing my normal supplements.

(Derek I. Batting) #111

Sure, but everyone knows you’re not human. What about the rest of us? :smiley:

(Meeping up the Science!) #112

I don’t see why electrolytes would be banned. I also feel a need for fewer ZC, but not everyone is the same I realize. I wouldn’t use exogenous ketones or stuff, however potassium/magnesium/calcium/etc I don’t have an issue with if @Brenda is kosher.

The point of the challenge is to prove a point, of sorts, not be miserable. :wink:

(Hugs & Bacon) #113

Can we just make it a nothing but bacon challenge???
I would be in for that!!

(Richard Morris) #114

I’ll be in my bunk!

(Genevieve Biggs) #115

Is steak the way @Fiorella made it here okay for this challenge?

32 day ZC Variable Protein Test

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #116

I will not be “adding” fats.
I will be buying fatty cuts.

It’s your choice really

(David K) #117

But… but… RULES!

Speaking of “choice”, Costco carries only USDA Choice and Prime. The large Choice prime rib roasts normally have a wonderfully large untrimmed fat area. Cook whole or cut your own ribeyes off it and get more fat than buying the ribeyes pre-cut.

(Sandra Watson) #120

OMG that looks AMAZING wagyu

(Meeping up the Science!) #121

My doctor is intrigued, so I will be getting labs before we start and again after. Hey, I’ll take vague approval. :slight_smile:

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #122

Ok, y’all, a local grocer is having a sell on different cuts and I need help choosing the fatter cuts (or should I just ask for steaks that don’t have the fat trimmed?)

1. Ribeye rancher
  2. Ribeye Reserve Angus
  3. Chuck steak/roast

TIA!

Ribeye would likely have more fat on steaks. The other terms, like rancher refers to how animal was raised (Most likely grain fed), and angus is a particular breed of cow that is known for tenderness of its beef for the fine marbling. But chuck is more economical and you can talk to butcher to keep your cuts as fatty as possible.

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #124

Thank you kindly!

Charmaine, all three of these options would be great for the month long meat eating. Perhaps, the best thing to do is go talk to the butcher, and see if you can can an even deeper discount. Chances are high that you can, since you are asking for less work (cutting off fat) and buying more than normal consumer walking in the store.

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #126

I’m going to look at the Amish Market and a local butcher also so I can explore my options. Thanks for your help!

(AnnaLeeThal) #127

I would do blood panels.

(Meeping up the Science!) #128

I am not terribly going to worry much about my fat levels for the month for the purposes of the experiment. If I experience adverse effects they will be addressed, of course, immediately. Just targeting the fattiest steak by percentage on average when possible and the results will be gauged.

I am going to disregard all macros and just eat fatty steak to satiety. I am living on the edge like that. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Tom Seest) #129

That’s just silly talk right there. Aren’t you supposed to bury it in butter???