1st time at a restaurant in over 120 days!

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #1

I decided to go out for breakfast this morning. While looking at the menu, I told the lady (with no teeth) that all I wanted was a coffee, water, their signature all meat omelette and a bottle of Tabasco sauce. Then she asked what side I wanted with that. I thought for a minute and said, I’ll take a side of :bacon:. She just looked at me with this puzzled look. She said, No, what I mean is how do you want your potatoes cooked. I laughed and said please don’t include any potatoes. She looked at me like I had a third eye I my forehead! Picture to follow!

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #2

(VLC.MD) #3

And that’s when you backed down about asking for 1/2 bottle of jalapenos.

(Michael ) #4

Lol, do you live in the south? When i lived in texas, i swear they managed to squeeze potatoes into everything. The best was a breakfast burrito stuffed with potatoes. How about some carbs with those carbs. That diabetes epidemic sure is a mystery. Nothing like starting the day with a few hundred grams of carbs. How bout some orange juice to wash it all down

(Brian) #5

Never really missed the orange juice. But I still miss the apple juice, or real sweet apple cider. But then there was coffee. :slight_smile:

Funny, I never have that much trouble in restaurants. I order what I want and they bring that. When I tell them I don’t want bread, they don’t bring it. When I tell them I want extra butter, they bring it. But maybe a few of them know that they’ll get a nice tip when they LISTEN to me. :smiley:

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #6

:policeman: You guys know me too well.

(Michael ) #7

I love apple juice. Braggs apple cider vinegar with sparkling water is close enough to me. Just a note, not all ACV is created equal. I first started with store brand and could barely stomach it but a couple tbsp of braggs is actually enjoyable to me

(Brian) #8

That’s an interesting suggestion! I had not thought of trying that.

Thanks!

(Michael ) #9

Don’t want to give the impression that it’s as good as apple juice but an amazing, perhaps acquired taste to me

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #10

What? No sweet tea? :grinning::rofl:

(John B) #11

I was a little worried, at first, about ordering in a restaurant. I never wanted to be ‘that guy’ that wanted to change what was on the menu. But, I am paying them for the food, so I should get what I want. And, I haven’t had any issues at all. “Hamburger without the bun, and instead of fries I’ll take a side of veggies or a salad.” Never thought about asking for a side of bacon though!!

Good for you!! I used to eat at restaurants more often than not, pre-keto. Now it’s pretty rare for me too. Soooo much easier to control what you eat, and not be surprised, when you prepare it all yourself.

(Candy Lind) #13

You have a hard time finding breakfast ANYWHERE without potatoes! It’s crazy. I’ve figured out the 24-hour places that will let me sub a veggie for potatoes, and I don’t go back to the places that have nothing but potatoes & fruit.

(Brian) #14

Big omelette with lots of goodies in it. Maybe some sausage. Coffee on the side.

I guess it depends on where you go. I’ve not found breakfast to be that difficult most places.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #15

The diners I’ve been to recently have all been great about holding the toast and potatoes. I always get bacon and sausage as side dishes, and often they give me extra slices of bacon. :bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon:

P.S.—I do sometimes get a puzzled reaction when I order steak & eggs with sides of bacon and sausage, lol!

(Empress of the Unexpected) #16

I get bacon and a side salad or tomato slices if no salad available. Yes, I get funny looks, too. Especially as I order three orders of bacon.