1st fast

(David Anderson) #1

Will be completing my first fast 48 hrs today. Things have gone pretty well so far! Started keto Dec 3,2018… been strick haven’t veered off the plan!
Starting weight 283#, to date 259#. I monitor my blood daily!

(Frank) #2

6 weeks in. That’s about when I started dipping my toes into EF as well. Have only done a handful in the past year. Certainly an interesting experience to say the least.

(David Anderson) #3

I have been doing 18/6 since I started in DEC 2018/
I am getting all kinds of info on best way to break my 48 hr fast!
Getting kinda confused by it all! :roll_eyes:

(Carl Keller) #4

Congrats on your first 48 hour fast and you success so far. :wink:

Thomas DeLauer highly recommends bone broth for breaking a fast since it helps restore our gut biome and doing that might keep you from having a negative reaction to eating solid food after an extended break. He has several fast breaking videos on YT. Here’s one of them.

(Shanda) #5

Congrats on your first 48 hr fast. I am only a couple weeks in right now but am testing my limits today. Did you do any IF or OMAD before this?

I decided to try an IF today with no set ending time just because I found myself perusing the fridge last night looking for some left over bacon only to realize mid-hunt that I wasnt really hungry at all. Just bored. I’ve been thinking that 2 weeks in was probably too early to worry with fasting at all but I’m hoping to learn something about my hunger cues by doing this.
Just wondering how early in the process you may have started trying fasting.

(David Anderson) #6

Hi There, yes I been doing 18/6 fast, since I start last DECEMBER! I am sure that has helped a lot! :grin: you don’t have to start doing a 18/6 fast…
Start with a shorter one. Maybe 16/8. Let m eknow how things are going for you! :slightly_smiling_face:

(David Anderson) #7

HI! I think watched one of those! I better go back again :confused:. If I remember it was said MCT first? Than bone Broth? I will go watch a few again! Thx

I usually opt for a big ol’ buttery ribeye.