1g net carb Cashews? Is this real?

Saw these Cashews in my local grocery store the last couple weeks:

The label says 6g total carb, with 5g fiber.

That seemed weird for cashews, and their other flavors, while pretty favorable, are not that low on net carbs. Checked the FDA database and it agrees:
https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/45252074?fgcd=&manu=&format=&count=&max=25&offset=&sort=default&order=asc&qlookup=ROASTED+WITH+A+SPARK+OF+SPICES+CASHEWS%2C+UPC%3A+857249004012&ds=&qt=&qp=&qa=&qn=&q=&ing=

But, that’s what the company provided anyway. I kinda suspect someone put some numbers in wrong somewhere, so for now I’m treating this as if it has more carbs. But, if it is only 1net carb somehow, that’s a pretty amazing boon for cashews.

Confusing nutrition labels - sugar > carbs?

This tho. Also, cashews are not terribly healthy regardless due to the omega 6 to omega 3 ratio.

Delete

Sure, but that’s already a problem for all cashews on the shelf, but if someone is going to eat cashews anyway (as many do) it being 1 net carb is something to look for.

That’s wrong, 3.5 oz (100g) is 22 net carbs.

Very little fiber in cashews (about 3g per 100g)

(Running from stupidity) #6

How could that be possible?

I would assume it’s a non-USA nutritional label (i.e. “Product of Mozambique”).

So the 6g of carb is probably net carbs already. The fiber has already been subtracted. That’s kind of verified by there being 2g of sugar in the serving. Now, that could be a result of rounding errors on the 6g and 5g, but…

Id delete those cashews real fast :stuck_out_tongue:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #9

Gosh I love cashews. But on the WOE I eat them very irregularly. This seems like miss labeling or even a “pipe dream” as in “pass the dutchie”.

(KCKO, KCFO) #10

This reminds me of Julian Bakery, supposedly low carb stuff. This lady had their stuff tested and blogged about it, and some other companies too.

(Omar) #11

I learned not to trust labels when it comes to carbs

always I check the net

I faced progressive weight gain, It took a while before I discovered that nuts were the culprit.