Fish
Shrimps
Meat
With fatty sauses
Fatcoffee
Broccoli
Butter
Brain Octane

I eat 1100-1300 calories per day. My goal is to lose 5 kiloes and then just eat normal ketosisfood without retrictions, but not more than 1800 calories. I don´t eat with so much variation but that is not a problem for me. Good luck!

(Dan Dan) #23

LOL your right some of the people are a little critical LOL :hushed:

(Dan Dan) #24

IF/EF KETO WOE is not about loosing weight its about attaining a healthy fat to muscle body composition by changing your body into using fat as its primary energy source rather than carbohydrates

This is accomplished by a Diet high in fat, moderate in protein, and low in carbohydrates (net)

Restricting Calories is not recommended or necessary for a change in body composition.

If a quick change in body composition is desired IF/EF is the preferred method as it spares muscle and has numerous health benefits.

If you want to track your progress a body composition scale and a cloth tape measure will help.

If you want to Track ketosis a Blood ketone meter or a keto breathalyzer are prefered (urine keto strips rarely work and are not recommended)

To learn about IF/EF Keto WOE youtube is a great place to start:

Thank you everyone enjoy :smile:

(Richard Hanson) #25

Good Morning Yort,

You might consider having a long hard look in the mirror before being so critical of other forum members. Nothing in your post answered any questions from a five month old thread.

At times, it is quite difficult to know what advice to give without a good understanding of motivations, dietary behaviors, goals, what people are already eating. Arguing that someone needs a PhD before they should ask question is … as Dr. Fung would say, “that is just stupid”. Many of the people on this forum know far more about the ketogenic diet, including the clinical science, then the vast majority of medical doctors.

If you would take the time to educate yourself instead of just blasting away at forum members, you would not need to ask why people are asking questions. There are many people on this forum that are profoundly grateful that they have finally “discovered keto”, are profoundly grateful for the way keto has impacted their lives, and as a result experience an intense, personal moral obligation to help other people receive the same benefits. A lot of “newbies” are struggling with a lifetime of dietary misinformation and it is quite hard to know what is happening in their minds without asking questions. Offering advice without understand the context is … as Dr. Fung would say … “that is just stupid”.

What the hell is wrong with you?

I truly hope you stick around. This is just an awesome community with many wonderful and caring people. Some of that might rub off on you even if you only signed up a moment before you unleashed your angst against forum members. If you have experience this “kinda crap” in more then one community, you might take an introspective pause to consider what exactly is the common denominator. No one is compelled to exist in dietary isolation unless it is self imposed.

Keto for Life!

Best Regards,
Richard

(Erin Macfarland ) #26

@Yort this is really not the place to engage in that kind of rude commentary. Everyone here is trying to be helpful and share their experiences. That is why people post, to get feedback. I would suggest that if you don’t like that we are asking for more details you don’t comment on the post.

(Stacey) #27

Jenny,

I am in a similar situation to you. I am 42 years old, 5’4, and my weight fluctuates between 123-125. My goal is also 115. I lost 5 pounds when starting keto, but I’ve just been maintaining since then. Hopefully, the more I stick with this way of eating, the less I will want to eat. Perhaps once I do more intermittent fasting, the extra pounds will fall off. I’m being patient, letting my body heal from the inside. Already my appetite is decreasing, so I guess that’s a good sign. I feel better and look better when I weigh less, and I feel great when I eat keto! It’s not about trying to conform to an ideal image. Anyway, I don’t think it’s trendy anymore to be thin. Is it? I think it’s cool nowadays to be curvy… but curvy doesn’t feel good or look good on me. It’s a personal preference.

(Richard Morris) #28

You’ve just joined and already you are annoying … impressive.

Once you get the hang of this place, you’ll find that it’s full of helpful people dealing with real problems like amputations, end stage kidney disease, congestive heart failure, all the many benefits of diabetes.

BTW You can say fuck here. Try that line of yours about hippies with gluten allergies around some of the people who are here to treat coeliac disease and I’m sure you’ll hear it a few times.

(Liz ) #29

Richard, you are my favorite.

(Doug) #30

First heard this 50 years ago:

Where do you hide something from a hippie?

–Under the soap.

(Jenny Andersson Ilgenfritz) #32

Thank you for all of your input guys and girls! Richard, you rock! I do find it a bit discouraging at times when certain people make a point to comment and it’s all negative. The reason I joined this forum was for positive reinforcement because I struggle to stay on track. I fell off the wagon a few months back and I feel like total crap, sleepy all the time, no energy and of course weight gain … Started back up today. I know this is a great forum and I plan to stay on it. Again thank you all for your good vibes!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #33

Well, well, well. @Yort, I would venture to say that if the original poster is satisfied with how her question got answered, then these forums must be doing something right.

Over the years, I have been in various positions where people would be coming to me for answers, and I learned the hard way that the original question is often not their real question. Or sometimes they don’t know how to ask questions that will yield the answers they are looking for. A little querying at the beginning about where the questioner is coming from and what he or she is trying to achieve is far from rude, and it can often lead to a far more productive discussion. Impatience and name-calling generally shut the conversation down instead of leading anywhere.

The members of these forums are a good community. As @richard gently pointed out in his post, many people here have found the ketogenic way of eating to be a valuable tool for coping with serious and even life-threatening medical problems. As a result, they have accumulated an enormous amount of expertise, and when I have a question to ask, I know they will respond, not just with compassion, but also with excellent scientific information. I also trust these people enough to know that if they feel they need more background before answering my question, then I had better provide that background if I want the most helpful response possible.

(Jenny Andersson Ilgenfritz) #34

Thank you so much Allison! I do struggle to get my fat in for the day for sure. I think that is really the hardest part for me. I went from being a salad with candies walnuts,oatmeal with cinnamon and sugar and flavored creamers kind of girl to Keto lol. I do feel such a difference when I stick to it. Didn’t realize how bloated I was until I stopped the carbs:) I will definitely check out the recipies:)

My daily ranges from 1500-1600 with macros of 70/25/5 and under 20g total carbs. I eat twice a day, lunch and dinner. Typically day looks like:
Lunch - 4 strips of bacon, 2 eggs fried in bacon grease, 1/2 an avocado
Dinner - Chicken Salad with chicken thigh meat, avocado, blue cheese dressing
Snack (if needed) - Parm crisps w/Butter, pecans, macadamia nuts

Lunch - Chorizo, 2 eggs, 1/2 avocado
Dinner - mixture of cheeses, Gouda cheese, aged cheddar cheese, brie, sharp cheddar, havarti, dry salami or other chartreuse cuts, side salad if I need one
Snack (if needed) - Parm crisps w/Butter, pecans, macadamia nuts

I’ll mix in some grilled thighs with skin on, mashed cauliflower (steamed with butter, grated parm., and cream cheese).

I’m pretty lucky as I can eat this stuff day after day after day and I’m fine with it. Not a lot but hopefully it helps add some variety to your meals.