10 weeks and no weight loss!

newbies

(Lorraine) #142

I am hypothyroid as well, so that may be what took me longer. I’m not really sure. I know I would be frustrated if I stopped losing, but I am reminded everyday of all the other benefits. Also, I remind myself that when I first learned of this WOE and all the reasons that carbs were bad for my body, a light bulb went off. I think there were even angels singing in the background. THIS IS HOW MY BODY IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUELED! It was a huge revelation and that revelation keeps me focused on making this a WOE for a lifetime.

(Miranda ) #143

I can’t wait to get there…sounds amazing! My food feels great but body is still heavy and fat. Going to KCKO!

(cheryl) #144

Good luck Miranda , I have been eating low carb since late February 2018, and I have much , much weight to lose, but to date I have lost 14-18 pounds it fluctuates. I do intermittent fasting every day and drink my water. The other factors in my situation are menopause and T2D. I try not to focus on the rate of weight loss and stay encouraged by my blood glucose improvements. I have lost a few inches in the waist, not too much elsewhere yet but I am ever increasing my exercise in hopes of fixing my metabolism. Hang in there.

(Kath Galvin) #145

I find it is slow going, but I don’t bother with the scale. I see it as a series of healing on the inside and then outside, back and forth in tiny increments. In the 2 months on, I have measured twice at my widest point. That’s it. The weight crept on and it’s going to creep off too. :wink:

But…my hunger is completely different, I have no cravings, my energy is getting better, I have less sinus stuff, I sleep better, I’m more relaxed and I’m no longer on a daily blood sugar roller coaster ride. I’m more on the intuitive end of the keto spectrum.

I’m in it for the long haul.

I hope you find your sweet spot in the journey.

(Ron) #146

@swirlysunburst
I saw no weight loss until after the 10th week in. There was other thinks going on like as you suspect so I was patient (like you are) and trusted the process. 6 months later I am down 48lbs. Great attitude and good job.:+1:

(Terence Dean) #147

Yes I’d agree it does seem to get harder to lose as you get lower but one mistake I made was not recalculating my macros as I lost weight. I lost the first 10kgs without tracking anything but hit a wall, then did a recalculation and that got me back on track.

Week 13 and I’m 0.9kg from hitting my second milestone of 20kg lost.

(Donna) #148

I, too, was so frustrated with the lack of weight loss. I lost 7 pounds right off the bat, and I managed to keep those off, but there was no other movement. I found a site when I was researching why I was at such a standstill, and the doctor recommended upping the protein. He recommends 55% fat, 35% protein, and 10% carbs (not net carbs). finally, things have started moving! Also, for my height and weight, he recommended 1320 cal per day.

I really want this to work, because I figure I’m so full of fat that if I go back to eating junk I’ll weigh 300 pounds in about 20 minutes.

(cheryl) #149

Hang in there Donna , I could also rapidly get to 300 on carbi stuff, that is my addiction.

(Pennee R Atkinson) #150

How can Stevia keep you out of Ketosis? It doesn’t have any carbs?

(LeeAnn Brooks) #151

It has been shown to induce an insulin reaction in many people. There’s one line of thought that you body taste sweet and doesn’t know the difference between an artificial sweetner and sugar.
I’m not really sure the real reason, but it has been tested and it can have a similar insulin reaction as sugar.
Of course there are some people who have no problem with it. And there are also people who start of having no problem but will develop a sensitivity to it as use increases.

My advise is to use it if you don’t notice any issues. But if you start to stall, try a few weeks without it and see if it breaks the stall.

(Artemis) #152

Hi Miranda, can you spill some details about the avacado fast? Is it used to enter ketosis quickly? What benefits does it have? Just water allowed? Any particular amount of days recommended??

(Miranda ) #153

I’m definitely going to lower my fat! I was up around 80!

(Miranda ) #154

It works great! After one day I tested purple!

It’s number 3:

Also there are other choices besides avos:

I love this guy. He explains how changing up your calorie intake each day actually is what makes your metabolism the strongest. We aren’t meant to eat the same everyday…

(Donna) #155

Miranda, I know it’s not the strict format, but I think we need to do what works for us. I’ve also been doing intermittent fasting three days a week (T, Th, S) from 6 p.m. until noon. That seems to have made a difference, too. Good luck to us all!

(Artemis) #156

Thank you for posting the videos, they were interesting.
I’ve heard that various types of fasting can move/nudge a person into ketosis. My question is after entering a state ketosis that was precipitated from fasting, what keeps the body in ketosis if I’m following the same daily diet that wasn’t putting me in ketosis in the first place?
:thinking:So much to learn!

(Jane) #157

If you refill your glycogen stores with too many carbs your body will use those preferentially and you may not stay in ketosis. Everyone is different and everyone has a different carb limit depending on how messed up their metabolism is.

(Artemis) #158

my apologies for not being clear. I’m nearly 3 weeks in starting Keto. I began slowly lowering my carbs for 2 months, then began strict Keto. I have 2 other family members that have seen huge success in weight loss and general health.
So, again I’ve been under 15 net carbs/day for nearly 3 weeks. I’ve been tracking all macros until I get a better overall idea of how my body works on Keto. I use the KetoDiet app. 15 net carbs. 115 fat. 60 protein. Good ratio of calories from fat. Calories 1120-1350. Never have cheated.
My ketone urine sticks remain negative, no Keto Flu and very, very little weight loss. No increased energy.
Taking ACV, eating Whole Foods and no crappy “zero carb” candy bars or mixes. Only meat, dairy, MCT oil, olive oil, broccoli, lettuce, nuts, eggs, etc.
So, because I want to nudge my body into ketosis, I’ve been booking up on Intermittent Fasting.
If I’ve yet to get into ketosis, but kick in after fasting, what’s to stop my body from stopping ketosis if my diet remains the same? Thanks.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #159

How are you testing?

(Jane) #160

Ah - ok. I can’t imagine you not being in ketosis with that diet after 3 weeks. Fasting until you are fat-adapted will be harder, but doable.

Calories seem low to me but I don’t know your height and weight. If you posted a day of what you ate and when - a typical day for you - then some of the vets on here can maybe give you advice.

** edited to add ** - nevermind - just saw your other thread!!!
KCKO

(Artemis) #161

The old unreliable urine stix🤨, all negative. Last night my son, who has severe Crohn’s Disease and has been on Keto for a year with many improvements, is puzzled. He stayed with me a while the first week. We shopped together for the proper whole unprocessed foods, Keto friendly vegetables, oils, and other staples. He showed me how to make really tasty bone broth and BPC. We got rid of all rice, grains, flour, sugar, box mixes, beans, cookies, chips, pasta and more. He knows I’m eating all the right stuff with a Keto proper protein level, and high % of calories from fat and still under 15 net gms of carbs. No changes in clothing fit or weight. He was my Keto guru and really is at a loss, but tells me to just keep it up. Also suggested I get a Mojo blood ketone tester to verify ketone levels. I think he just wants me to shut up🤣. He is 27. I’m 64 and feeling that I must make this change now to improve the quality of my next 10-15 years of my time on this planet. Interesting that he’s the youngster with patience and I’m the old lady without any😉
Thanks for listening. :heart: