👀 10 Warning Signs - Your Liver

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #1

Posting this for comments, thanks.

You may also find this of interest:

I'm disgusted and could scream!
(Karen) #2

Why is it, do you suppose, that chiropractors seem to have a better grasp on nutrition than MD doctors

I guess because they aren’t permitted to prescribe drugs or perform surgery.

I wouldn’t go to one, but I like this one’s YouTube vids.

(Karen) #4

I haven’t ever been to a chiropractor, but I am not against trying it if I thought it would be helpful

(Karen) #5

I have the best osteomyologist ever. He is a chiropractor by profession but does chiropractice with alternative therapies and I wouldn’t go to anyone else. Healing hands! He is very knowledgeable.

(Vic) #6

I had a few of the symtoms he mentioned.
They disappeared after a while on keto.
Guess my liver was under a lot of stress.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #7

@Keto6468 @Karen18

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #8

How long can we survive without carbohydrate? Um . . . forever?

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #9

@PaulL Watch the video. It’s quite interesting, explains a lot of real science and keto. I think this is an excellent intro to recommend to the ‘keto curious’. Technical enough to get things right, but not overly technical to put off the ave viewer.

(Gregory - You can teach an old dog new tricks.) #10

I’ve had people flip out on me when I try to explain there are no essential carbohydrates…

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #11

@PaulL This one made me visualize you giving the lecture! He says so much that you’ve said here. :relaxed:

I think it’s a very good intro to fats on keto.

PS: @ctviggen I think you’ll find this interesting.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #12

Dr. Fung says essentially the same thing: “If we eat sugar, we burn sugar. If we eat fat, we burn fat.”

(Ellenor Bjornsdottir) #13

No, only around 95 years. (But I’m relapsing)

Yes, I know what you mean. My own dear husband is like that. He believes our bodies need all the “healthy” carbs the US government says are good for us. And in large quantities. He snacks constantly on breads and sweets while limiting his sugar at meals. :disappointed: I worry for him. Fortunately for him he is thin. He runs 6 miles almost every day. But I still don’t think he is as healthy as he thinks he is with all those carbs.

(Susan) #15

In about 1999 or 2000 I went to a chiropractor for back issues, who recommended the book “Eating Alive” by Jeanne M Martin and John Masten and told me about the Atkins diet. Both good recommendations.