1 Year Progress

(Kenneth) #1

At 43yrs old, I started my Keto journey and wanted to share my success. Since 2016 I have tracked my body composition and despite various efforts, it was not until I started the Keto program, April 2018, that things began to improve.

About my journey:

• For the first 3-4 months I was absolutely scrupulous about tracking macros and keeping it around 20 carbs per day; I also tracked and monitored blood with Keto Mojo. (I lost about 23lbs during this time)
  • Things I did not do: No Intermittent Fasting until Jan time frame, No Exercise other than the occasional Pilates class. I went completely “off program” (pizza, bread, deserts) for a month in September, again over Christmas and, over the last three months, I will randomly go “off program” with friends and family.
  • Things I grew into: 1.Being detached from the results and numbers 2.Fasting (IF, ADF, Prolonged); it started for health benefits, now is used for spiritual reasons (#Lent2019).

From my worst physical condition (205lbs was when I quit stepping on the scale) through today … I have lost a total of 40 pounds (body fat from 29% down to 15%) and several inches:
-3” off chest,
-6 1/2” off belly,
-3” off hips,
-3 1/2” off thigh
-1 1/2" off neck

A special Thanks to all of you, Dr. Fung, Dr. Finey, Dr. Volek, Dr. Nokes, Keto Connect, Dr. Berg, Thomas DeLauer & so many others that taught and guided me through this amazing transformation. Thanks & God Bless!

(Jill F.) #2

Congrats! Hard work pays off!

Congratulations on your success! Low Carb pays off again!!

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #4

What a great update. How do you feel? Any other NSV’s since you started your journey? Congratulations!!

(Christy) #5

Nice!!! WTG :+1:t3::+1:t3:

(Kenneth) #6

There are a whole host of NSV’, but more intangible and personal. I have ADHD & Dyslexia, which has improved exponentially via the Keto Program. Also, I have started doing a three-day water fast each month and God only knows what the fasting induced Autophagy has done for me personally; not to mention the spiritual benefits for myself and people in my life.

The biggest victory is the absolute knowledge of what makes/made me overweight. Many explain this well, but I think Dr. Fung does the best job of identifying this in his video on Therapeutic Fasting. I say this is a victory, because I can go “off program” and indulge in junk food from time to time and not fear weight gain. I have control over my body composition and have multiple tools to manage it (HFLC, ADF, IF, Prolonged Fasting, or just low carb for maintenance).

There are lots of things in life that I cannot control, which is fine. But the Keto Community has given me the knowledge to develop the tools to ensure I am doing the best for my body and overall health. One year ago, my doctor wanted to put me on a statin, I had NO control over my weight regardless of what I did. Today, I am 44yr old, inactive male, with perfect blood work, a ZERO CAC score, excellent health, 15% body fat and energy to spare.

I have so much to be thankful for!

(Jay Patten) #7

I have ADD and anxiety. While I still take medication for both, I can say that being sugar (and carb) free has also helped me significantly!

If nothing else, being thin has really helped boost my confidence, which is a big mental “win” when you have anxiety to begin with.