1 year ketoversary

(Kathy Timmons) #1

I am 1 year in. I am so glad I found the Keto WOE.
My heaviest wt that I know of was 228.
SW 209
CW 164
GW 135

I have been measuring every month and have lost a total of 29 inches!!
I have some health problems and knew it might be slower for me than some. I am female, 62 and have COPD and take 2 steroid meds. I am on the hormone Aromasin for follow-up breast CA Tx for 5 years (only 18 months left!).
My husband and I retired to Central Mexico in 2016 and I have trouble finding some items for the different recipes but I have done OK. No KerryGold here. :frowning_face:
In October I started having some GI issues and went to my Oncologist, afraid of another CA, ending up having surgery for an obstruction, and a hernia. No CA though! I had to be on liquids and soft, bland diet for 6-8 weeks. My Husband fed me mashed potatoes, soups and ice cream…I was miserable and afraid I would gain weight. I still managed to lose 13 more pounds and after 5 weeks I went back on full Keto and have done fine ever since. Both of my Dr’s are amazed at my weight loss and how well I have done.
I have not done any exercise other than walking…we live in a very walkable little city and do not have a car. I don’t walk everyday but I am trying to be better. My Husband and I got fitbits to see how much better we need to be! LOL My Husband doesn’t get the Keto diet-he has been a vegetarian for 25+years and is very thin, but he is supportive and can really see that it works and that I am not hungry and snacking at all. He can eat anything in front of me and I am not tempted at all. He has always been our cook and I have had to learn to cook myself because he can’t stomach cooking meat!
I need to buy some new clothes, as I have gone down through all of the sizes in my closet. I was trying to wait until goal but my pants are getting way too loose!
Oh, and all of my blood work is better than ever. :joy:
Thanks for listening and being there for me.
Kathy

(Cindy) #2

Congratulations! It sounds like you’ve had some very good progress! Great weight loss, but more importantly, better health!!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #3

Wow, you’ve done very well. Congratulations! :+1:

(Kathy Timmons) #4

Thanks, Cindy!

(Kathy Timmons) #5

Thanks, Paul!

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #6

Wow, that’s great success being on two steroids! I had to take dexamethasone for a year with chemo and I ballooned. I don’t know how you’re doing it but keep up the hard work!

(Kathy Timmons) #7

Thanks! I really blew up that first year, too! That is one reason I am so thrilled with the steady weight loss. I don’t know that I am doing anything special–I just keep my carbs <20 and am very strict Keto. I am loving how I feel and that makes it easy! I wish I could get off of the steroids. My Dr changed my inhaler to a smaller dosage in January, and so far so good!