1 pound away from goal!

(Melissa) #1

Hello, everyone!
My first post!
Introducing myself: I am a 45 year old woman, 13 years cancer-free in October. I had a surgically induced menopause as a result, and have been watching the pounds creep up over the years. I was a group fitness instructor and personal trainer for a few years which helped stave off the pounds somewhat, but with a change of full-time job I didn’t have the same time and energy to keep up the fitness.
I’m getting married in less than 2 weeks! During my second to last dress fitting it took 2 people to zip me up! (I am 5’3” and weighed 192). That was July 20th - and I’ll never forget that date!
My fiancé had done Keto on and off for years and I finally said I was in. I started the very next day.
My goal weight for the wedding is 175. As of this morning I am 176!!! One more pound and a week and a half to get there! Even if I don’t drop that last pound, I am calling it a success!
During my last dress fitting it only took one person to zip me up, but lost too many inches in my “chesticle” region…so I got myself those sticky boob lifts-uppers! Looked perfect!
Thanks for letting me lurk and read all of your posts. The encouragement you guys give each other has kept me going…even during a 2 week “stall”.
I just had to post and let you guys know!
Thanks again!

Mellybug

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #2

Congrats on your weight loss.
Also, congrats on being 13 years cancer-free. That’s huge! I’m in the middle of my fight. Well, a year into the fight, really.

(Ellen ) #3

Wow, congratulations! Great success story. Show us pictures from wedding. I’m sure it will be a great day!!!

(Susan) #4

This is awesome, so wonderful. Congrats on beating the cancer, losing the weight, and on your upcoming wedding =). Three lovely things, Melissa. I wish you much happiness and love in your marriage.

Welcome to our forum; and thanks for sharing your story with us.

I agree with @Ely about posting pictures of the wedding, we would love to see them!

(Marianne) #5

God bless - and congratulations on your cancer recovery, upcoming wedding and keto success!!! You will feel so good about yourself on the big day. I love weddings! :cry:

Please consider posting a picture of you in your dress. Nothing as glorious as a wedding dress.

P.S. I am intrigued by the sticky boob things. Where do you affix them? My solution has been to buy a bra that is snug and hike up the straps. :laughing:

(Melissa) #6

Thanks for the kind words! I’ll definitlet post pictures!

As for the booby-stickies…they are these round cups that stick on the girls, then have these big sticky tabs that stick to your chest to “lift” them. I also have the kind that sticks to the girls and has a string between the two cups to snug them together, but doesn’t do any lifting. Not sure which will look best under the dress.

Hope the description helps! Lol

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #7

Congratulations on all of those things and thanks for taking the time to share. I hope your day is wonderful and that you feel beautiful. :heart:

(Jane) #8

JCongratulations on both your weight loss success AND cancer-free for 13 years. I celebrated 11 years cancer-free this past spring.

(Joey) #9

@Mellybug What a wonderful confluence of joyful events in your life. Wishing all the blessings ahead for you in the years to come!

(Karen) #10

:clap::clap::clap::clap:Remember for your health, keto for life. Glad you are reaching your goal

(Annette ) #11

So happy for you! Big win!

(Melissa) #12

Thank you, everyone, for your kind words and encouragement!

I just wanted to also put out there that I’m not stopping Keto after the wedding. My fiancé has been doing Keto for years, and it’s a better lifestyle for us both. My skin has cleared up, my face no longer looks red and puffy, I have more energy, and my resting heart rate has gone from mid 70’s to 58 this morning.

I have taken a DNA test to figure out my genetic metabolism and am just waiting for the results.

If I can figure out how to post before Keto pictures to recent pictures I’ll share. If not, take my word for it!

(Jill F.) #13

Yea and congrats! Double victory over cancer and defeating the unhealthy lifestyle too! Cant wait to see wedding dress pics!

(Ellen ) #14

So beautiful, you look so very happy too. I need some of that glow!

(Marianne) #15

Wow; you look fabulous!

So glad you are going to continue with keto. Much easier when there is/are other people in your household who are doing it, too.