Yuchan fanlang gong - frog making waves - frog breathing!

This little video draws it’s inspiration from (supposed) Buddhist monk fasting breathing practices and a small study (60 subjects) https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/2156587217707143.
The idea is to stretch the stomach to induce a feeling of fullness and so make it easier to delay eating.

I’ve done it once - did it work?
Maybe.
But, maybe it was the distraction of putting it on this forum…

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #2

And the point is? Ketosis and fat adaptation accomplish this.

Absolutely - ketosis and fat adaptation accomplish this.
And it happens one meal at time, and over a longish period of time.
Eating keto doesn’t automatically, irrevocably banish hunger.
Sometimes there is a wobble, a sensation of hunger…
And it might be nice to have a trick or two under one’s belt (so to speak)…
that makes it a bit easier to get through the next few hours, to extend the fasting period,
so that it’s easier to stay in ketosis.

Buddist monks and even try to put them on ANY level of a nutritional aspect of ‘reserach’ for ‘health food intake’ and it becomes so far off it is truly just stupid. This vid is kinda gross in that you put 'religious power to achieve and higher life anqd and more and yet ‘the breath’ better is solme kinda great thing.

this is just pathetic LOL probably spam?

personally I have no problem sayhing this is super bull ■■■■ LOL

useless post to me on this site.

delete as spam crap please HA

opps no crap I got drawn by spam LOL
me bad HA

I tried to be very clear.
I used words like and to link two things, a tradition and a ‘study’ to examine it’s value: note the Buddhist monks were not part of the research.
Another word I used was small: to indicate the possible lack of power of the study.
Notice I didn’t critique the methodology, but I did put a link to the paper that suggests frog breathing might be a useful tool in postponing hunger.
This allows others to read it for themselves.
Oh, I included an element of doubt: see the words once and maybe.

So not spam, not unsolicited - after all this forum is for posting, that’s it’s purpose.
Pathetic…no.
Maybe light hearted.
But not to be rudely dismissed without having been read and understood.

slow chat day about real nutrition I guess
whatever, cool

(Vic) #8

I ate the frogs, its zc :crazy_face:

Fangs, simply, nutrition is about the science of the nutrients in food and their use by organisms (plants, frogs, people) to maintain life.
‘Food breathing’ isn’t about nutrition…
It’s about distraction.
As you said, slow…day?

Carnivor Vic!
It was you!!
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/news/2016/01/160128-mountain-chicken-frog-endangered-animals/

(Vic) #11

Yes me,frogs are eaten.

I ate the monk (fish) too.

(No plants were harmed in the making of this meal)