Your dogs - let's see them

pets

(Janelle) #284

That’s awesome. Wally is 1/2 American Bulldog, 1/4 Boxer, and 1/4 15 or so other breeds. It was fun having the DNA done but we were like Papillion and Saluki?

(Diane) #285

He (I’m supposing) has a beautifully expressive face!

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #286

Rosie has not been with us for 6+ years. Miss her so much.

(less is more, more or less) #287

What a combination. What a beauty.

(less is more, more or less) #288

Oh, my. A doggo thread? This forum is a bottomless pool of wonder and delight.

Holly is my 11-year old pitbull - something mix. She’s as sweet as can be. You can see she’s quite the advocate for a LCHF lifestyle.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #289

:heart_eyes: I love her!

(Victoria ) #290

That’s really funny!:laughing:I guess he’s not a keto dog. He’ll eat anything but celery.

Oh, he’s herd dog all the way! We were told by the shelter that he was Australian Shepherd and cattle dog mix and we were shocked that there wasn’t a shred of Aussie in there with his blue merle coat. But he does have 4 identified herding breeds in the mix (along with more herding family genes in his more distant ancestry plus terrier and mountain dog groups).

(Victoria ) #291

She’s in love with your ribs, but I know the feeling…

(Victoria ) #292

Thanks! We were definitely hooked on his looks and were shocked that he wasn’t everyone’s first pick fro mhis litter of six.

(less is more, more or less) #293

I am a pet person, my wife, not. I love being married more than having a pet. :wink: It took my son, our youngest, then obsession with other people’s dogs, to break her no-pet rule and let us get a pooch.

We went to the SPCA, “Oh just looking” (knowing full well the consequence of the visit) and spotted Holly. Since she’s a pit, the SPCA was worried they’d have to euthanize her. Other visitors were uninterested in her. She was a year old, so the peppy puppy thing wasn’t there. Back then, I didn’t know a pitbull from a bullpit. What I saw was a beautiful dog with a wonderfully, if distinctly non-canine reserve to her.

I still marvel that so many passed this wonderful dog over.

(Janelle) #294

Wally was supposed to be a golden retriever from the pound. He was so sweet and the entire staff kept recommending him. They were so right. Sweetest and goofiest dog I’ve ever had.

(Sophie) #295

What a sweet girl you have there! Here’s my old girl, Lucy. She was a stray (adult, 2yrs?) that adopted us. She was in real bad condition but she bounced back fast. We had to teach her everything but she sure as hell figured out pillows pretty quick! :smile:

(less is more, more or less) #296

What a beauty! I love her coat. Wait, you mean like a stray off the street and to your house?

(Cindy) #297

There’s some amazing pitties out there. It’s a shame they’ve gotten such a bad rap due to unethical people breeding them for the wrong purpose. :frowning:

(Victoria ) #298

Yeah, I don’t see even a hint of Papillon. But I did read something on Wisdom Panel’s website that only 2% of a dog’s DNA determines their appearance …

(Janelle) #299

His ears actually “fly out” - we joke that this is the Papillion. He has Very short Bassett-like legs - guess it could be that 1% Dachsund.

(Sophie) #300

Yes. She hung around our neighborhood for a coupe of weeks. No one knew where she came from. She was starving, skin and bones. She was terrified to cross my threshold, had never been in a house. We had to teach her everything. When I decided to take her in I didn’t even try to find her original owner. There was no way I was going to allow her to go back into god only knows what horrible situation she escaped from.

That is a great picture!

How can he be keto with all those chow chow genes? :joy:

He’s a beautiful doggie, i love those german shepherd ears and corgi fur :slight_smile:

I should get my tara tested, now I really wanna know how much of a labrador she is :joy: if I take into account her hunger-100% :wink:

After a fun-filled morning and a busy noon, I took my two dogs and daughter out to a local dog park. It’s an amazing place because it’s up the top of a mountain with a great view of Seattle and the surrounding area, as well as not being that crowded because it’s in the middle of a huge residential area. If you didn’t live here you’d probably not know about it. It’s only a ten minute drive from where I live – here’s a link to Google Maps, Internet stalkers:

https://goo.gl/maps/5NmAj7DVKXx

A couple of pics of the dogs:

A few more photos of the area here:

What did you take a photo of on your walk today? (feat. CHUNK)