Young people in the USA are not healthy. 4 in 10 have IR... and half those are NOT fat

Yup! I can’t make enough on my own regardless anymore, but I absolutely think that HAS to be a huge factor with all these “men” these days, boys / young men are very noticeably less manly than they were when I was a teen and in my 20’s. Aside from visually looking less like men, even when I was younger if a dude decided to have longer hair, you’d still look at his face and he’d very noticeably be a dude, kids now? I stare all the time and literally can’t tell half the time. Body language is more feminine… everything. No way that’s not hormonal.

Woman on the other end are the total opposite! I’m thinking because of how quick docs will throw them birth control whether for intended purpose, or acne or some other off label reason, but that’s putting them on HRT whether they think of it that way or not, not a coincidence 16-19yo girls look better than 25yo’s did when I was in my 20’s. Wife says I’m a douche for that but holy crap how do people not see that?

(Edith) #22

Higher body fat also makes girls mature earlier.

I’m in no way an expert, and haven’t even ever looked into it tbh… But I do believe it’s the foods and other things they are getting these days that had help with this too. Looking back over time, the young ladies of today do seem to mature a hell of a lot faster than back in any time. Not sure if it’s just all the additives, processes or what, but I’ve always said it had to be related. … Kids back in my day ate their share of treats too, but what else has really changed?

I also see this in the same lines of all the allergies and diseases we see now, that were either rare or non-existing back then, and now are almost a an everyday occurrence. From nut allergies and other food items, to Dementia, Alzheimer’s and others. Sure some may have around since the early 1900’s, but no where near in abundance we see today.

(Denise) #24

Hi @lfod14,
I know this is off topic a bit, but I had to speak up because I watched a Hallmark movie the other night, enjoyed it, but thought more about it later. It hit me like a hammer how they had “turned a man” into someone that was so in tune with a woman, he’d really have to be a woman to understand that much. I was so pissed off and realized yes, they are trying to demasculate men and I hate that!

I like men the way they are, thank God for men, geez!! I mean some can definitely piss me off, but I know speaking for myself, I’ve pissed off my share of men too!! I don’t want to watch any, more movies unless I know a man is going to be depicted as a man, and a woman is depicted as a woman.

(Bob M) #25

You people don’t have tweens and teens, do you?

Search for “rapid onset gender dysphoria”. It has nothing to do with hormones and everything to do with social media.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #26

The signs of “manliness” are culturally conditioned. When I was in my twenties, I went to England to be with my lover at the time, and I well remember a conversation in which I was pointing out guys and saying that surely they must be gay. He was in hysterics, because they were invariably heterosexual. The guys he said were gay certainly didn’t register as such, to my American-trained eyes. A while after we moved to the U.S., he went back to Britain on business, and came back chuckling. Apparently, his eyes had adjusted to the U.S. cues, and he, too, was guessing completely wrongly.

I have also learned that masculinity and effeminacy are completely unrelated to sexual orientation. When my lover was premier danseur with a famous British ballet company, the four gay men in the company were the butchest of the lot, at least to me. The most effeminate of the male dancers was steadily sleeping his way through the women in the company. And, of the four most effeminate men I’ve ever met, three were irredeemably heterosexual, and only one of them was gay, albeit stereotypically so.

(Doug) #27

I do see an enormous change in the U.S., anyway, over the past 50+ years (with all the caveats about assumptions and generalizations) - used to be, you rarely saw an obviously insulin-resistant kid. Now, they’re prevalent in some areas/ages/social strata/parental influence groupings.

Kellogg knew what he was doing

I would argue hormones play a role.

However, social media isn’t without blame. Lots of blame. I don’t really understand it too well, though.

(PJ) #30

Seems to be so. For example when a tornado hit just above my property and did a variety of damage, the dudes with muscles out there with chainsaws digging my house and car out of the massive tree carnage – because this is what men DO for single women in nowhere, Oklahoma – were both gay, not that this has anything to do with anything, except that they are not effeminate at all, and they have all the yes ma’am and chivalry that men of decent culture have, because they’re men, which is a thing apart from their sexual prefs.

This was present even where and when I grew up in California, to varying degrees – however, as time moved on, and the change in food supply, media/school/culture got more prominant, some of this got a lot less evident, and even moreso now – though I kind of see a rather serious split between my generation X and that just below mine, but once it gets to the Millennials and later it’s like another world.

I do think much of it’s food and drugs – the drugs that are in modern food in particular, from dairy and meat with hormones to endless toxins, plastics etc. (and addictive elements in combo) in fast food, Doritos or whatever, the drugs we are forcing on young men en masse in the school system, and so on.

Not sure there will be a way back from this given the effects on next generations. It’s long been a not funny kind of humor in medicine that if you wanted better anything, choose better grandparents. Somehow it seems like our culture missed the realizing that our generation will be the grandparents too.

PJ