You should eat more carbs

It seems the bodies of the majority isn’t so very happy with their woe, though.
I don’t say keto is good for most people, I don’t know that (only that the opinion keto is the best for everyone is very biased and wrong) but overdoing carbs harmed me even when I had no idea low-carb is an option.

And it doesn’t matter who is the target. Too many articles talk about carbs being awesome and much fat being bad while it’s simply not true at all.

Sometimes one needs to eat more carbs though, indeed. At least this article talks about problems - not like adding carbs would be the only option but at least it doesn’t say I am an idiot to eat little carbs when I feel way better that way.

Touche’!

(Bob M) #24

I think we can all agree that there’s basically not a single sentence in that article that is true.

As someone who ate hot cereals (oats, malto-meal, etc.) for bfast, pasta for lunch, and brown rice and beans for dinner, and did this for years, thinking it was “healthy”, this got me:

What qualifies as “healthy” carbs? Any whole-food source, like whole grains (Think: oats or brown rice); legumes (Think: beans or lentils); fruit (Think: berries or apple) or starchy vegetables (like potatoes or squash).

Those aren’t healthy. Sorry.

The amount is very important. Nothing is healthy in too huge amounts (while it can be possible to eat them like that).

The right amount for certain people is zero, though…
I have some wriggle room, some must be stricter. But there are NO healthy carbs for me (I merely can handle a small amount well, it’s the same for the toxin called alcohol). Except eggs and liver and whatnot, I never had problems eating them… But couldn’t go very far using them either. Maybe the two are correlated.

At the very least, carby things aren’t healthy at all for many of us. Be it natural or whole or full with fiber… Nope. We probably all know people who is fine with eating them galore but we usually see problems. It may be the carbs or something else but it’s often the carbs.