Wrote my car off today and had a burger for lunch

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #1

YOLO :frowning:

I had such a great start to my Friday, and then I totalled my car.
I have no insurance, and it was towed away.
Obviously couldn’t feed myself my OMAD so went to the fish and chip shop.
Splurged on a burger and an energy drink, total of maybe 70 carbs.
I know I can tolerate at least 60 without being kicked out of ketosis.
I really enjoyed that burger. But now I just feel guilty and my ego is bruised.

But oh well… My poor car :frowning:

Bummer about your car Katie (HUGE bummer :sob: ) but glad only your ego was bruised. I really wouldn’t sweat the burger. Think of it as medicinal - necessary at the time & given the circumstances but not worth the side effects long term.

(Troy) #3

Oh wow
Sorry about this :sweat:
Thankfully, it appears you were not seriously injured

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #4

Yeah I don’t feel overly guilty for the burger. It was pretty good hey lol.

(Omar) #5

Sorry about this.

(Terence Dean) #6

Holy crap, well at least you survived, that’s the main thing. What did you hit? Why would they tow it away, its still your car.

(Eli) #7

Damn, what happened?

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #8

Ouch! You have enough to worry about, so don’t worry about the burger.

(Doug) #9

I’m glad you’re okay, Katie - damn…

(Frank) #10

Insurance laws must be different over there. In order for me in Minnesota (US) to get my yearly registration stickers (43 dollars currently) I have to show proof of current insurance coverage.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #11

Glad you’re okay Katie. Don’t give the burger a second thought.

Oh geeze :worried:

I’m so sorry. Glad you were okay. What a shitty deal!

Like the others above, I’m sorry to hear that this happened. Just be glad you’re ok. … Cars can be replaced, and burgers forgotten. :slight_smile:

:hushed: Glad you are ok! Don’t feel guilty, burger deserved.

(Terence Dean) #15

Frank, in Australia we pay a car registration fee yearly and part of that fee pays for third party insurance. That covers the user if they smash into an expensive car or damage buildings, etc. Driving an unregistered vehicle on public roads in Australia is an offence. If you own a new car people take out extra comprehensive insurance to cover the cost of replacements but if you own a modest car most people don’t bother.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #16

It’s similar in the States, except that the third-party insurance (we call it “comprehensive”), while mandatory, is purchased privately. But as with you guys, we might not pay for “collision” (damage to own car) if the car is old enough.

(Terence Dean) #17

Very similar Paul, we used to get registration stickers to display on our wind shields but they have been discontinued by the transport department here in SA, they now scan all vehicles at traffic lights and if your car is not registered, you’ll receive a traffic offence notice in the post.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #18

Where in SA? Never been there myself, but my ex was from Durban, and my sister worked for many years in Port Elizabeth and Pretoria.

(Terence Dean) #19

Sorry for the confusion, I’m in South Australia. Not sure if its the same in other states.

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #20

Awwww thanks guys.
All good, I got a new one, and this one is insured lol.

Basically I was following a woman who was trying to merge, she wasn’t a very good driver and kept hesitating to take off into traffic. We sat there a good few seconds, checking left and right and left and right, she did this about 4 times, on the 4th go she took off. I should have known better but I accelerated without checking on the 5th go to make sure she had actually pulled away. She hadn’t. Lol. My fault as I shouldn’t of followed so closely, but no one was hurt. Except Frank (My poor car).

Presenting Stella! :smiley: