Would you be concerned about labeling yourself?

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #1

…As a person who had had Covid 19 ? First let me say, I’m anything but a conspiracist. Skeptical, yes. But not about every little thing under the sun. And I do believe the Earth is round :wink:

But lets just say that a person is doing good, solid self isolation. They get somewhat sick… maybe a fever… obvious flu symptoms (of one type or the other) but not so sick they think they might die. They get plenty of rest. Drink plenty liquids. Chicken soup… whatever.

Would there be any benefit for this person ^ to go and get tested, and possibly find out that they did, in fact, have the Corona Virus ? I mean, unless this person needs intensive care, as in “a respirator”, what can be done for this person at the hospital, which could not be done at home ?

And if you were this person, would you be concerned about being added to a national registry of persons who had been sick with Covid 19 ?

BTW, I feel great :wink: Haven’t had any more 2 hr spells of feeling like cr@p. Moving a swimming pool today. Lots of rototilling ahead :slight_smile:

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #2

I think it’s very important to know whether or not you have COVID-19 serum anti-bodies. If so, please consider donating blood. Get tested if possible as soon as possible. Serum anti-bodies are going to be very helpful to treat those with more severe illness and reduce fatalities.

(Scott) #3

If I knew if I had it already it would relieve stress and allow me to make better business decisions. It is hell not knowing if I will need to shut my business down for two weeks with construction deadlines. I am also required to keep life safety systems functional. My worst fear is that the entire team is or possibly infected. At that point it would be unethical not to quarantine. My sympathies go out to those that are shut down already.

Exactly.

I was just reading this morning that in Canada we’re running a trial of 1,000 COV-ID patients that are getting infusions of plasma/anti-bodies from recovered COV-ID patients. 2/3rds will get the real thing while 1/3 won’t and will serve as the control group.

The benefit of testing would be proof that they have developed immunity and do not need to isolate when recovered and can work.

(Keto Koala 🐨) #6

Well i have the Virus and it’s been an awful bumpy ride of a week. I’ve been so damn sick. In fact I have a fever right now…Again!!! But I had a very low immune system to begin with so that’s probably why. :roll_eyes:

('Jackie P') #7

Aww poor you @Bubby1, I really do wish you well!
This question @FishChris assumes you can get tested! This isn’t so easy in the UK! Even for health carers. But if you can, you should. :blush:

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #8

Jackie, I keep hearing mentions of tests for flu too, and people who are ill being tested for flu and it being found negative (therefore might be Covid-19, I mean) - have you come across routine flu tests in your professional capacity over here ever? I’d never heard of that being a thing. Perhaps it is, in hospital settings?

I don’t know how long this lockdown is going to last if people don’t know they’ve had the virus.

PS @Bubby1 cute new name, Little Miss Fairy!

(Keto Koala 🐨) #9

Thanks babe.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::fairy:‍♀

('Jackie P') #10

I have absolutely no idea about this @KetoSnaps.
We can check for flu but as I remember it took a while to come back. It would seem a bit daft to use it at the moment I think.

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #11

I’d never heard of this until really recently when reading about it on non-UK sites in connection with identifying Covid-19 (by process of elimination, I gather).

Yeah, I fear it would just muddy the waters, tbh!

I’m just going to stay at home until I can’t avoid going out, and hope for the best…

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #12

Wow, I’m sorry to hear that :frowning: Get well soon.

(Gail P) #14

No, I would not be concerned to label myself as recovered from COVID-19.
I’d get tested now if I could. There’s a call for blood donors near me in NC, and I’d be more interested if I knew I’d get tested there.

There’s benefits to knowing you’ve had the virus.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #15

Thanks for all of your replies. Well, its not easy to get tested right now, here in Sacramento either… But then, if one “answers the questionnaires the right way” you could probably get a test. Then, the next question would be, would exaggerating your current health situation, to be able to be tested, be fair to those who are currently really feeling terrible, and / or with a fever ? I mean, I’m sure their are people who need to be tested more than I do ?

It would be great to find out I’d already had it, and beaten it though.

That’s messed up! There’s literally drive up testing centers here! Wish more people WEREN’T using them so people that ACTUALLY should be tested could get through faster though.

('Jackie P') #17

It’s getting better! But still not ideal!