Will this super green kick me out of keto?

(Jolandi Du Rand) #1

No, but it looks like a waste of money honestly. Very little usable info on the nutritional label then 2500mg “Organic Superfoods Blend” What the hell does that tell you? Just gimmicky marketing at work. There’s nothing wrong with stuff like that in general but just like a proprietary blend, if they’re not breaking down what you’re actually getting out of it… assume it’s near nothing!

Think of it this way, if you had all that stuff in front of you, all the fruits and vegetable it lists how much could you take of each it your total was capped at 2.5g? We’re talking specs of dust from each basically!

(Jolandi Du Rand) #3

Thanks alot for the info :slight_smile: I appreciate it. New to keto and saw this had reishi mushrooms above other mushrooms that supposedly have alot of health benefits and help with weight loss. Guess I fell for words again xD thanks for saving me :slight_smile:

There’s definitely a lot of good mushroom supps out there, just be weary of any of them that won’t tell you what you’re getting. When it comes to mushroom anything, Foursigmatic is pretty much king. This was actually the next one I was gonna try

Looks like 500mg reishi per serving and supposedly taste like normal hot chocolate. Which is huge, a lot of mushroom stuff tastes pretty bad, especially when the correct amount is in there. I tried their Lions Mane coffee, don’t need any lab testing to tell you there’s a lot of Lions Mane in there! Wasn’t for me!

(Jane) #5

I am thinking about setting up my hives again in the spring - my vegetable garden did better when I had bees.

I was reading about some research where they added some mushroom extract to the syrup they were feeding the bees and saw a definite decline in the viruses they are susceptible to. It also strengthened their immunity to enable them to fight off the varroa mites, too.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #6

I notice that one 15 g serving contains 4.5 net carbs and 12 g total, which is an awfully large percentage of 20 g/day.

(UsedToBeT2D) #7

Have some bacon instead.