Why I’m Quitting Keto - A Post For Myself

(Teri) #104

Can I block this guy from posting here, or…

(John) #105

Sadly, no. Admins are on it though.

(Running from stupidity) #106

No, the Discourse devs refuse to built that into the software, despite plenty of requests.

(Sg) #107

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

(Todd Allen) #108

Can we mention God when discussing the forbidden fruit from the tree of knowledge? I’m not much of a fruit eater but if my local produce market ever has it at a good price I’d be sorely tempted to give it a try. Anyone know the forbidden fruit macros?

(Edith) #109

I’m sure it is way too high in carbs. In fact, maybe that’s why it was forbidden: eating too much would lead to diabetes.

Don’t be cheeky! :smiley:

(Cindy) #111

That’s my only complaint with the format of this board…it can be difficult to know who is replying to whom. You have to look at the little arrow in the upper right of the post…took me a bit to figure that out. LOL

(Teri) #112

I guess he is part of your life now. But I’m gonna leave @Newtok with some wise words of advice from one of my top 5 favorite television characters, Ron Swanson.
Now just log off and stop trolling, or admit it and no one will give af.

@Newtok has been put on the naughty step for a week. They are free to use this time to see how the community treats one another and come back in a week having turned over a new leaf or leave.

Thanks all for your tolerance and patience. This community is amazing xxx

(Cindy) #114

Yippee! I love the way you’ve stated this.

(John) #115

So her triumphant return will be like a Christmas present for everyone (a week from today).

(Teri) #116

This community has put up with me and helped advise me on issues when they had no reason to. Idc what diet I am on, I doubt I’ll ever find a forum this positive and supportive.

(Running from stupidity) #117

ANOTHER reason to hate Christmas!

(Todd Allen) #118

Nevermind, I’m afraid it is extremely high carb after reading this:
And Jehovah God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Genesis 2:16–17[1]

(Teri) #119

Seriously. I’ve joined forums to help with my eating disorder and they just end up being discussions on tricks to lose more weight, and are really just pro-anorexia sites. I’ve joined running forums and they are just competition sites for who runs the fastest and the most. It’s never positive. So a sucky thing about stopping this WOE is not interacting here. I haven’t been here long, but my experience here was great.

(John) #120

There is a fairly broad range of information, links to a lot of very good science, and a broad range of experiences with various health, exercise, diet, and recipe information here.

You don’t have to be on some ultra-strict keto regimen to keep participating. There are a number of active posters who are somewhat low carb but not really full-on keto.

Some people are here to control type 2 diabetes, or who need to lose significant amounts of weight. For them, the ultra-low carb approach may be best. Some people achieve their goals easily, for some every pound lost is a major victory.

You can still hang around, comment, contribute, and learn. There really is no right “one way” that fits everyone.

(Doug) #121

Actually, some people do get diabetes from just that. It’s not like everybody on earth has to eat vast amounts of processed, refined carbohydrates to get there. It’s demonstrable, it’s provable, it’s scientific fact. It is also true that not eating bananas, oatmeal, other grains, etc., has meant improvement in insulin resistance and blood sugar control, even to the point of reversing diabetes, for many people.

No, not prohibited and you can certainly mention God. Yet there you are talking about something which cannot be proven to be anything more than imaginary. That is a far different thing than the demonstrable, provable, known facts about carbohydrate intake and insulin response, etc.

(matt ) #122

This shit is so far off the rails but folks seem to be having fun. I agree it smells of (bad) trolling to me.

There is still much you can gain from hanging around and much I am sure we can gain from you being here. Maybe there are elements that you can take with you from keto that will help or tweaking your approach? As others have mentioned, you might find that, with hindsight there were elements that did work and did help. Regardless, there is more to this community than keto and we are flexible in who we let in and embrace as part of the community. Yes OK nobody is going to be happy if you tell them they have to eat pizza when it clearly does not work for them but if you have found camradery and support here then I urge you not to let go of that. It is your call of course but please do not feel you need to exile yourself simply because you have found that keto is not the perfect fit right now.