Who’d have Thought -10 year Canadian Study

(Chuck) #21

I am old enough to remember when we ate fried chicken cooked in lard, we ate bacon cured in salt, we drank milk straight from the source, and I don’t remember seeing any men with pot bellies or over weight ladies. And I definitely don’t remember any fat kids in school. I also remember when I first saw the overweight, obese, and diabetics, it wasn’t long after the commercials for sugar coated cereal and the recommendations for eat high carb foods and to eat consistently all day. Then I remember the SAD, the standard American diet being put out by the government even though anyone with a brain would reason the problem was the high carb diet in the first place.

This why I partake in these on a rotary basis (and proper N Irish grass fed dairy butter, salted):

Keto on regardless!

(Alec) #23

Epidemiology bollox. Worthless. We can’t claim this kind of nonsense means something because it is more aligned to what we believe. It is still bollox.

It may be, but at least it ballances out the other weighted bollox.

Now so called med professionals are scratching their heads.

I am astounded.

(Peter - Don't Fear the Fat ) #26

I am delighted. And on the front page of a big daily paper. I guess the grain and drug industry’s are less powerful in the UK?

I left the d industry many years ago, for water.

I guess I’ll be judged like everyone else brother.

(Peter - Don't Fear the Fat ) #28

Ah, I think you’re on safe ground with water …. Everyone needs water, unless this is another conspiracy :joy:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #29

You are right. However, this study is being conducted by some very smart people, and their conclusions are very hard to call into question, without calling the whole field of nutritional epidemiology into question.

This is precisely the type of “evidence” that the people who draw up the nutrition guidelines listen to. Not that they will listen to this study, of course, but again, if they challenge the PURE study’s methods, they call their own research methods into question.

(Alec) #30

Blimey, after quite a few years I’ve found something we disagree on! :joy::joy::joy:

I call BS on all epidemiology. It is worthless crap. I know the authorities love it, but they are wrong… their prioritisation of using epidemiology over actual available RCT data is the thing that has led us into this mess.

Let the hare sit, bro.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #32

That’s as may be, but my point stands. “They” can’t call the PURE study into question without calling their own studies into question.