White Irishman - new drink!

alcohol

(betsy.rome) #1

At a music event at a bar this weekend, I wanted a keto-friendly drink. I didn’t want the lousy house cabernet, so I ordered something more reliable and less likely to give me a hangover – a shot of Jameson’s Irish whiskey on the rocks, and a cup of decaf coffee. When served, I asked for some cream, and the waitress brought me a small pitcher of real HWC cream.
Light bulb moment: I poured some cream into the whiskey, instead of the coffee, and voila! meet the White Irishman. Like a White Russian, but no sugar, and deliciously creamy. Felt better on my stomach than plain whiskey, and kept me from getting hungry. Sure, I had to count the carbs, but totally worth it as a recreational moment. And no hangover.

(Rebecca) #2

You should have added the coffee as well, thats how I often drink mine, It’s an Irish Coffee without the sugar. I drink my Jameson’s with soda water and lime but next time I am going to try it with cream.

I thought whiskey originated in Scotland?? White Scot?

Lol. You could have fight on your hands now!

Oops…:rolling_eyes:

(Rebecca) #6

Whisky from Scotland is spelt without an e, Irish whiskey is spelt with an e. I can’t comment on where whiskey originated but it has been made in Ireland for a very long time.

I am a bit of a whisky/ey collector, I got to a whiskey event every year where I get to taste heaps of different whiskey’s from around the world. I am not a fan of peaty/smoky whiskeys.

I am currently saving for a big 5 month holiday riding my motorbike around UK & Ireland, I have been creating a map with places to see, so far they only places I have added to my map in Scotland are distilleries.

(Michael Wallace Ellwood) #7

Presumably there is scope here for White Poteen as well … :wink:

Lots of possibilities with this idea!

(I’m keeping off all alcohol for the time being, but I’m collecting ideas for later … :wink: )

(Rebecca) #8

I will have to try that, I have some Poteen.

(AnnaLeeThal) #9

Thanks for the idea!