Which Book as a Gift

(Jared) #1

I’ve been listening to the podcast for awhile now and my sister was just recently diagnosed with Type 2.

If you were going to going to recommend one book about the ketogenic diet that was geared towards someone with Type 2…what would it be?

(Guardian of the bacon) #2

The Art & Science of Low Carb Living by Phinney & Volek

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/t/wiki-book-recommendations/2103

(Jared) #3

Thank you, I looked through the book list, but couldn’t tell what book would be good for which topic!

(Guardian of the bacon) #4

The art and Science explains things really well in a pretty easy to understand way.

My vote would have to be The Obesity Code by Jason Fung. Interesting and entertaining read.

(Jared) #6

I have that on audio book, but haven’t had a chance to listen yet! I’ll have to queue that up next!

(ryancrawcour) #7

Gary Taubes has “Why we get fat and what to do about it” and now his new book “A case against sugar”. While these books, like Dr Fung’s book, isn’t purely about Keto diet they make the case for why CICO (cal in / cal out) is bogus, why obesity is a hormonal condition, why controlling insulin is key etc.

(Jenn Monaghan) #8

The one that got to me was The Obesity Code. It was extremely good at explaining about insulin and type II diabetes. I sent that to my parents and they started keto right after.

(Tim Scudder) #9

Jared,

If I were going to recommend one book for someone just getting started on Keto, it would be Jimmy Moore’s Keto Clarity. He does a good job of answering the basics and giving a good game plan.

(Chris Bair) #10

“Big Fat Surprise” is one of my favorites though I like the simplicity of “Fat Head Kids” too.