Which app do you use?

(Jessica K) #21

It’s awesome! It adds net carbs and macro charts with net carbs (like they do on mobile but not on the website for whatever reason…). Made this app perfect because I’m lazy and really like that i can scan the barcodes of my food lol

(Brian Miller) #22

More than anything this has confused me. It’s caused me to use the app on my phone 95% of the time because I get more useful information and graphs.

(German) #23

I’ve tried several apps and have been quite happy with MyFatSecret, tracks nutrition (also net carbs), activities (in Cal) and weight.

(Morgan Rose) #24

Could u possibly do a screenshot so I can see how it shows net carbs? There isn’t a picture in app store…just want to see before I purchase

And can u add recipes like MFP?

Yes it does recipes, and barcodes, and custom foods. Here’s a screenshot with my custom settings from last year sometime.

(Jessica K) #26

That’s why this extension is awesome!

(Brian Miller) #27

Ohh my @Jessica I didn’t realize that’s a chrome extension that I could use on my Mac. Installing later.

(dawn.hakala) #28

So I’m looking into chronometer and I’m not figuring out the barcode option… Which I LOVE on MFP… What gives? That could be a purchase deal breaker for me :slight_smile:

After you select “add food” in the app, it will give you a place to type in a food to search for it, a list of your previous foods, and a little barcode icon…

(dawn.hakala) #30

So it kinda looks like I can only scan of I use the app, and you can only use the app if you buy into the program…Hmmm
How good is the scan? Had it found most of whatever you’ve tried to scan in? I really like MFP Premium but I’d be interested in this one with everything it looks at and tracks

It uses a very similar UPC code database to MFP. You can also scan then edit a copy of the food if the info doesn’t match the label correctly. Can’t say as I’ve compared them side by side for differences. I use very little packaged food.

(dawn.hakala) #32

Like the coffees and coconut milk and flours, things like that. I don’t use packaged much either, but it’s so easy to make a recipe, scan in what I’m using and go rather than type in what I’m looking for…
I’ll keep digging…

(Chris Bair) #33

I’ve used both MFP (for over a year) and Cron-o-meter (for over a year). I like cronometer better.

I have tried many of the aps out there to track my macro’s/calorie consumption and I have found the Stupid Simple Keto app to be the easiest to use. It is simple and inexpensive. It allows you to scan new items and input your own food macro’s. It does take a little time in the beginning as you add food items but once things are set up, it gets much easier. In general here is what I use to track progress.

1. Stupid Simple Keto - Track macro nutrients and total caloric consumption.
  2. Garmin Connect - Track activity and workouts.
  3. Heads Up Health - Track all other variables including weight, body fat %, blood sugar and ketones.

(Jenn W) #35

We need all the computer savvy members to get on making a 2KETODUDES tracker! Right @richard and @carl ?

(dawn.hakala) #36

That would be phenomenal!!!

(Morgan Rose) #37

So I bought cronometer, holy information lol did u find u had to add alot of stuff yourself? I feel like MFP database is larger? I’m def gonna keep using it, bc I love the net carbs. MFP doesn’t track that and it messes with me mentally haha

I did add a fair amount of information but after a while it was real easy. I must have bought it when they first released it and they have made some improvements to make the flow easier. In addition, I find that I eat a lot of the same foods all the time.

I don’t really have a lot of items that I had to add, but I did edit some things to match the label. Most all my food is generic meat and veges and cheese, so it comes from the USDA database etc.

It is a lot of information if you choose to look at it all. I like the target nutrients, for my electrolytes etc, and correlating that info with biomarkers and subjective well-being.

(mykittashi) #40

This is a phone app screen shot, right? I want to be able to enter my specific macros. I don’t like that MyFitnessPal makes you pay a monthly subscription for that feature. I’ve been playing with FatSecret and like the running tally of macros always visible, but would like to enter my macro targets.