Where am I going wrong?

(Diana) #41

Can’t scroll through the full thread and can’t remember if I posted this already or not. So sorry if I’m being redundant. But to help the chocolate craving. I am now into 100% dark chocolate. Take one square and once you get into the taste it helps. But since you’re still adjusting what you can do is take the 100% dark chocolate and melt down, add just a little bit of sweetener of choice (like monkfruit or allulose etc). Add dash of cream, still until well combined. Then roll out onto parchment paper to resolidify. Cut into pieces and you have a low carb semi sweet chocolate.

Did you not drink a slow acting coffee before bed to cover that? PFFT! Amateur…

THANK YOU! You know how much crap I get for sweetening that stuff? Showing the wife!

While that might break a keto brain, You realize by “normal” standards, that’s not even that bad!

NICE! And off you go!

That was my thought too, modest calories and carbs (it depends on the person, of course)… But these are only the grams, the used items make a difference…

I did 208g carbs on strict paleo once and it was mostly vegs, some oily seeds… It was way too high for me but it can be perfect for someone else.

(Diana) #46

Lolol. That’s what I did waaaay back in the day. Now I literally eat the 100% cacao chips. Super tasty :slight_smile: but again I may have lost my taste buds along the way.

We change for sure. Sometimes I drink cocoa. Cocoa powder, water, maybe some flavoring, ideally an egg too. Cream is great but I rarely have it. I feel zero need to sweeten the stuff. My homemade “chocolate” is still sweetened but barely and I can eat it with zero sweetener too, I just eat it so super rarely that I want it ideally sweetened. Or a bit lower, I do keep training myself out of sweeteners :slight_smile: