When does it come off?

(Kellie) #1

I cheated all Friday Saturday Sunday and Monday . Weight went from 147 to 150. I went back to keto Tuesday it is now Friday and I’m at 149 :frowning: when will the water weight go away ? I’m worried that I actually gained weight back since I cheated so many days in a row

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #2

Maybe you did, maybe not. Either way, KCKO. I’m glad you posted though. Sometimes we just need to say it out loud. Or in print. You didn’t go long enough to mess up fat adaptation. So whether it is water or fat gain you have the tools to get back on the horse. Frustrating, sure. But you’re fine. Not the end of the world. :wink:

Maybe someone else will have a more concrete, scientific answer for you. Keep on keepin on.

(Frank) #3

I try to put in as many days of pain as I did in pleasure after a cheat day or extended vacation with little restriction. So when I got back from Va Beach on Sunday after a 4 day free for all I did 4 days omad with only black coffee in the am. Seems to get me back in the game pretty quickly. Day 5 yesterday was back to a more normal pattern and round and round I go. Rinse repeat.

(KetoQ) #4

Only being up 2 pounds really isn’t too bad for a 3 day cheat. The positive you can take from this is it shows your body may be adapting to keto in a good way.

Hit the gym to work out that extra glycogen stored in your muscles and you’ll be back to 147 in no time. I did a cheat this past weekend as well and I did a hard weight training session when I got back from my trip, and resumed my walking routine – and I’m getting the scale going back in the right direction.

(Bob M) #5

I gained 7 pounds in one week of vacation, and it took me 2 weeks to get back to where I was, and that included 3-36 hour fasts, 1 22 hour fast, and 1 3 day fast.

(Lonnie Hedley) #6

I gained 10 in three days binging. Took a couple weeks to get them off. Gain and loss are definitely not symmetrical.

(Ken) #7

These minor weight gains when you eat carbs are merely a combination of water retention and glycogen… You have to completely refill glycogen and then continue to overcompensate it to regain fat.

You’ve all only suspended lipolysis, while experiencing the metabolic benefits of periodic carb intake. Lipolysis quickly resumes, even if you’re still retaining some water.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #8

“Patience, grasshoppa!” :grin:

(Running from stupidity) #9

Probably a good thing given how long it took me to get this fat…

(Ashley) #10

Wait? Your saying it took time to get as fat as I am? So like… it’s going to also take a decent time to take the fat off? It all makes sense now! Please excuse my dry humor!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #11

“When does it come off?” You can remove your robe as soon as the acolytes extinguish the candles after the ritual.

Oh, you mean the weight! :rofl::rofl::