What's your ZC plan?

(Jodi) #21

This made me :joy::joy:

I hadnā€™t heard that before, interesting and definitely something Iā€™ll keep in mind. I try to practice ā€œno longer hungry, but not Thanksgiving fullā€ already. I wonder if thatā€™s where it came from? I heard it somewhere years ago, I think maybe Atkins? I donā€™t know for sure.

THIS! :grin::two_hearts:

I donā€™t blame you. I was never a supplement person until recently. Now I have no intention of stopping them any time soon. I was walking around like a zombie for awhile there and a good quality set of vitamins and some research later I feel 100% better.

(James storie) #22

I agree with you, the coffee with cream is the only thing from keeping me doing a month with only beef and water. Iā€™d like to see if it makes that big of a difference. I just need to quit drinking coffee! I too would like to get back into fasting, but I want it to be completely natural! No thought of how long Iā€™ve fasted, just donā€™t eat until itā€™s time.

(Jodi) #23

I occasionally have quit coffee, and will even drink it black sometimes. The cream really helps me feel like Iā€™m not ā€œmissing outā€ā€¦which is totally a mental thing, but there you go.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Itā€™s staying for now. :blush:

I agree about the fasting. My past experiences indicate Iā€™ll eventually get there, but right now Iā€™m not close.

(James storie) #24

I like it black too, but it has to be good! The problem is Iā€™m a truck driver, and the coffee quality isnā€™t always great!

(Jodi) #25

Sometimes salt can help with that. Restaurants rarely have true cream in my experience, so Iā€™ll salt it just to help cut the bitterness. It doesnā€™t make it delicious lol, but makes it drinkable. :blush:

(roxanna) #26

Hopefully I didnā€™t write this already, but I did a modified 30 days with beef only and 1 coffee with cream a day. I made it 26 days before I needed something other than beef!!!

(Jodi) #27

Thatā€™s awesome!
Just beef would probably get old for me, I really like chicken too.:blush:

(roxanna) #28

Yes I definitely missed chicken and had lamb the other day for the first time in 2 months and it was extra delicious.

(Linda Culbreth) #29

The chicken causes me too much of an insulin reaction for me and then it messes up everything else.

(What The Fast?!) #30

I think this might be the case for me too. Last night I had wings for dinner. I made 8 drummettes, but if I had made more, I would have eaten them all. Steak is the most satiating for me.

(Sonia A.) #31

IMO, the problem with this approach is that you need to eat more often, which results in more frequent insulin responses. It defeats the purpose of this practice. I find it more effective to eat to satiety less often.

(Teresa Driver) #32

If I were eating less fatty foods, this would absolutely be a problem. Thank you so much for pointing this out :hugs:.
I am one of those weird birds that will eat butter straight off a spoon. Or a tablespoon of butter smeared on a single hamburger patty. Or you know just whole spoonfuls of mayo. When youā€™re eating that kind of thing, satiation comes real fast. YMMV.

(Jodi) #33

I love to just eat a Tbsp of butter at a time. Really helps me with cravingsā€¦or a big spoonful of homemade mayo.:blush:

(Jodi) #34

I make my wings with all 3 segments attached and gnaw on all of them for awhile.
It takes me some time to work through a half dozen wings and I think that helps my satiety with them. I always feel like Iā€™m sitting down to a feast.:joy:
My husband always laughs at me because of it, but he inhales all his meals which I think is a worse idea.:blush:

(Bob Weiman) #35

For me, chicken seems to be the ZC equivalent of ā€œriceā€ on the SAD diet. Eat some and Iā€™m hungry again an hour or two later. Beef seems to provide the most long term satiety, with pork somewhere in between.

(What The Fast?!) #36

Want to hear something hilarious? I didnā€™t realize until THIS WEEK that when you order wings at a restaurant and they give ā€œflatsā€ and ā€œdrums,ā€ that the drum is actually a PART of the wingā€¦my whole life, I thought the drums were just really small chicken legs. I never understood why they still called them ā€œwings,ā€ but I just figured - whatever, marketing people are lazy.

So, I went to the store trying to find just drums (because I like them better than the flats), and I see these packages of chicken drumsticks, but theyā€™re HUGE! Iā€™m sitting here staring at the package thinking - man oh man, what are they feeding these birds? The drumsticks are GIANT!!

So, I buy a package of whole wings and cook them up and as Iā€™m eating them, I realizeā€¦wait a minuteā€¦this wing has a drumā€¦ATTACHED to it??? All of a sudden, the lightbulb goes off and I realizeā€¦Iā€™ve lived 34 years not knowing this information.

WOMP WOMP. The good news is that now that I know what to look for and I found a package of ā€œdrumettesā€ at the grocery store.

TL;DR Wings fly, legs walk, both are edible.

(Jeff Davis) #37

Thatā€™s awesome. I find humor in our little blind spots.

Me too.