What's wrong here

Strictly following keto 1 month still 0 weight loss. Exactly same as the day I started. Have read suggested books and accessed all the internet info and videos. I am missing my gallbladder. Never had issues with fat consumption after as some do. Have found this isn’t very well covered anyplace. I go to a functional medicine dr and have had extensive testing showing extreme inflammation and metabolic syndrome and all the things associated. Previous weight loss attempts through weight watchers and atkins with poor results. My immediate need is to lose weight which just isn’t happening now. Also I am in my 60s could age be the culprit?

(Liz ) #2

One month is early going yet, things inside take time to heal! Hang in there. I didn’t get fully fat adapted until 1 1/2 months of full Keto and I had already been eating low carb for a decade+. Even then I only lost a pound or two.

Keep Calm and Keto On!

(Allie) #3

You need to make healing your body your highest priority then the weight loss will happen naturally. Give it time, allow keto to do its thing.

Perhaps the inflammation is holding you up. Any type of dairy is inflammatory for me. Some people have inflammation with eggs. Perhaps try eliminating those two things for two weeks to see if the inflammation lessens.

(Mark Rhodes) #5

Inflammation, as suggested could be some of the issue. Do you measure BHB? Without this indicator it would be difficult to identify what is happening. If you are in the nutritional ketosis range and have not moved at all all on the scale my first hunch would be inflammation. You could do a search on the forum or start here: Other than dairy, what Keto foods can be pro inflammatory?

For many of us here our bodies have trust issues in regards to what we feed them, after decades of abuse surely you can understand why your body might take some time to respond? That being said, I know the scale not moving can be frustrating. Just keep in mind a lot of healing has to take place before burning stubborn fat becomes a priority for your body. Keep an eye on NSV’s (non-scale victories) to keep yourself motivated, and consider giving your scale away or using it once a year. For every one time the scale motivates someone there are 100 times when it works as a form of discouragement.

Thanks to all for the input and suggestions, very helpful. I’ll keep going and expect the best!