What's in a name?

(Guardian of the bacon) #1

A lot actually.
Most of us got to know each other by our actual names on the FB page. The forum concept offers the option of remaining more anonymous. I hope that most will choose to use their real names as their user names so that we may continue to build on the relationships started over on FB.

(Richard Morris) #2

BTW you can explicitly post anonymously

(gooeykablooey) #3

Would bacon smell as sweet by any other name? don’t mind me, I’m just trying to figure out the reply function… my browser is too old and everything is in chinese

Since this forum will be public, it’s a bit different than a closed Facebook group. I understand if someone has privacy concerns and chooses to keep personal details such as their name private. Unfortunately stalking and cyberbullying are a reality for some folks. I think everyone should do what they’re comfortable with.

Very good point. I don’t think it matters really - we will get to know you, whatever your online persona is called.

(jketoscribe) #6

So I’ve chosen to use a screen name which is not my real name. I prefer a little annominity (sp?) when a forum is open to the public, although it is a screen name I use in multiple forums. I do like recognizing others, though.

If someone I trust asks (mods and generally anyone I know from the FB group) I’m happy to tell you who I am, if you can’t guess. ;o)

(anonymous15) #7

Thanks, that’s a nice option!

(Tom Seest) #8

I don’t mind using my real name anywhere, but I like to be approachable. I understand people that prefer not too though…

(Guardian of the bacon) #9

Some days it’s almost easier to hide in plain sight.

(jketoscribe) #10

The only thing I realized is I don’t get a legacy badge because I’m not using my FB ID. :cry:

(Guardian of the bacon) #11

I’m not sure what legacy badge means? Older n dirt?

(Larry Lustig) #12

Means you were a member of the Facebook group.

(Richard Morris) #13

I fixed it - we missed a lot of folk in the rush but we will be fixing that up before the site goes live

(jketoscribe) #14

You rock! Thanks!

(kimberlynwebb) #15

Excited to be here. Just trying to figure out the posting functions.

(Diane Allen) #16

I’m a member of the FB group also, but no legacy badge. Can this be corrected?

(AnnaLeeThal) #17

Me too! I’ll take a Legacy badge! Shiny!

(Diane Allen) #18

Wow, thanks!

(Jenn W) #19

Uh yeah… I want my legacy badge too! Cause somehow I managed to climb my way over here! (Thanks Donna!!)
The few, the proud, the legacy badge holders!!

(Aaron R) #20

Yeah I was curious about that too. How can we get the legacy badge? I created a login instead of connecting via FB. But I don’t see a way to connect once your account is up.