What’s your newest favourite food?

food

(Alec) #1

I just cooked roast pork, slow cooked, I gave all the meat to my non-keto family, and I saved all the beautiful pork fat for my plate. Slow cooked roast pork fat, it’s so sweet and rich and yummy. My new favourite food. Yum!
Cheers
Alec

(Maha) #2

I haven’t had it for a few weeks, but chorizo (the mushy kind) became a favorite of mine. I cook it up with eggs and cheese as the base, then add veggies, sour cream and avocado.

(Sophie) #3

I don’t do fast food since I usually cook everything, and when we go out to eat it’s normally full service restaurants. But recently, we had a Jimmy Johns open near me, and yesterday on the way home from the pool, I had a craving their #9 Big Italian Un-wich! My God, it was manna from heaven! So I guess that’s my new favorite, and really, who doesn’t love a Big Italian?! (I had too) :rofl::laughing::rofl:

(Karen) #4

Cheese quesadilla.
Get a Cheap paper plate with a shiny coating.
*Melt on the plate: 1,TBSP butter …coat plate evenly
*Stir together on the plate into the butter 1 TBSP almond flour, pinch baking powder, one egg.
*And spread over the plate. Microwave 1 minute.
*Top with 2, slices of jalapeno jack, or your fav cheese. Microwave 30 seconds.
*Loosen with a fork all round and fold in half.

K

got a slab of pork belly I am slow roasting so I can collect as much fat as possible, near impossible to find any tallow or lard here. also have some 1.5" thick ribeyes in the sous vide that will finish on the bbq. So favorite food is anything FAT

(Samer Marcos) #6

Slow roasted PORK BELLY is the way to go!

(Chris Robertson) #7

Ox heart, thinly sliced and stir fried just enough to seal the outside and render the fat but still bloody in the middle. It only takes 3 min to prep and cook and tastes awesome.

(Erica Ramirez) #8

Tablitas…they are literally cross cut, small beef ribs but oh my gosh they are SO delicious, I cannot get enough. My husband puts them on the grill & there’s these ribbons of fat through them that get toasted just right and it is like candy! so yummy I’m drooling lol

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #9

I bought 600gm of Pork Belly from Coles.
Tonight I am going to cook and eat ALL OF IT, with a simple feta and pumpkin salad. Smack on my macros. I cannot WAIT.

(Alec) #10

Now that is interesting. I seriously struggle to eat more than about 300g of belly at one time. It is soooo rich and luscious. Good luck! Tell us how you go!

(Alec) #11

How slow is slow?

(Sophie) #12

I just found these today, so it’s now my newest favorite! :smile:
Mitica Marcona Almonds that have been fried and salted!!! OMG, Who Knew!!! :heart_eyes:

raw almonds sauteed in tallow and then salted are really very good. and the skin will soak up some tallow.

(Ernest) #14

Coconut cream braised oxtail. Has been my favorite even before keto, still is my favorite and will remain my favorite. I’ll probably choke on oxtail and bring my demise.

(KetoQ) #15

Since I started keto, a few foods stand out:

• Sardines in olive oil with lemon and dijon or stoneground mustard, can also mash them in an avocado.
  • Brussels sprouts and red cabbage cooked in bacon. The vegetables suck up all the bacon fat which makes this is a very filling meal.
  • Greek yogurt mixed with peanut butter. My go to keto dessert.
  • Brie and Kerrygold cheeses.
  • Zoodles cooked in olive oil, butter and sour cream – its a bit like an alfredo sauce. Can add veg like cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers.
  • Salad dressing: olive oil, tahini, dijon mustard, lemon, maple syrup, salt, pepper.

I don’t get how people claim keto is restrictive. With a little imagination you can have lots of tasty and nutritious meals.

(Aniket Vichare) #16

Hi… Stuffed Coconut Crepes is my favorite food. It is very tasty and healthy dish. If you want to know about recipe, visit Nutralite. Here you can get healthy brunch ideas of recipe.

(Jennie ) #17

Beef curry! 80/20 ground beef, a can of coconut milk, coconut oil, onion, garlic and whatever veggies I have on hand (usually cauliflower, broccoli and spinach) and of course lots of curry powder, turmeric and ginger. Great for meal prep, I feel like I’m eating authentic Indian everyday for lunch. I’m obsessed.