What’s going wrong....?

(Shromona Das) #1

Hi all… I’ve been missing from the forum for a while. I was in Kochi for a month. I didn’t have access to a kitchen, so I was eating eggs, cheese and meat. I was also eating way less. I was not fatigued, but skinny. But I was falling ill very quickly. Then I shifted to Delhi permanently- first time ever in a city. I went off of keto, gained 10 kgs, was still doing keto four-five days a week. I endured some massive depression issue in between, and took recourse to binge eating. I’ve been back to keto for two months now, but I keep gaining weight, especially in my tummy. I started walking, and joined an intense workout class which I’m still continuing. However, I am constantly gaining inches. Not weight on,y, also inches. I’ve given up weighing my food, so basically I’m doing lazy keto. I feel when I ditched the veggies, I was successfully losing weight. Very confused right now. Very very surprised also. Nothing that worked before seems to work. So here’s what I ate today, to give you an idea:

1.45 pm- first meal of the day. 150 GMs of paneer, 50 GMs of button mushroom, one egg, 30 GMs of butter.
3 pm: cheddar cheese 30 GMs, dry roasted peanuts 50 GMs.
9 pm: pork ribs 150 GMs, bbq sauce (take out food, hence no clue about the amount but I’m guessing 50 ml.)

For those who don’t know me, I’m 126 cm, 55 kgs (gained 10 kgs) and am 24 years old.

Help?

(Full Metal KETO AF) #2

Food choices, paneer is made from fresh milk without fermentation = carbs.

Peanuts are legumes and not recommended for keto.

BBQ sauce = lots of sugars and carbs.

If you have a kitchen now start cooking your own food. India is a difficult place to eat low carb. Eat more eggs. Use coconut oil. Am I right that you’re just about 4 foot tall?

(Omar) #3

peanuts caused me to put on 5 kg mainly in the belly.

I fasted in two weeks three days each to toss those 5 kg. I tossed 4 so far but I gained one kilo back eating large amount of greens ( lotus and cucumber)

and I will need another rounds of 3 days water fast to get rid of this unplanned pregnancy.

(Carl Keller) #4

50 grams of peanuts and 4 table spoons of your average bbq sauce = about 17 carbs. Neither one of those things is helping your desire to lose weight.

Here are some good resources for keto in India:

(Shromona Das) #5

Oh I can relate… no, I’m not 4 feet. It’s strangely what the gym instructor measured my height as- 126 cm. Guessing it’s wrong. I’m 5”2. Are you saying I should ditch cucumbers as well. Just had a homemade salad for dinner… unfortunately, all paneers are labelled as almost 1 GMs of carb per 100 GMs, it’s not fermented, but it has less carbs than cream cheese…

(Shromona Das) #6

What do you think of egg fasts? Oh who am I kidding… I’ll never be able to do it right away. But stopping peanuts for sure. Ohk… so here’s what I ate: cheddar 50 GMs, butter 30 GMs, almond milk 40 ml, fresh cream 30 ml, kale 60 GMs, cucumber 50 GMs, bell pepper 30 GMs, chicken breasts 120 GMs.

(Laurie) #7

Hi Bibi. Maybe you’re 156 cm, and someone wrote down a 2 instead of a 5.

Looking at what you’ve been eating, I’m guessing that you were concentrating more on what you “can” eat rather than the basics: Eat meat, fish, eggs, and cheese. Treat vegetables and plant foods as “extras.” For example, instead of mushrooms, why not have an extra egg or two? Or, eat twice as much cheese and no peanuts.

I’ve never been to India, but my boyfriend loves curry (he is actually part Indian), and I cook my own Westernized, ketoized versions often. There are many recipes on the following web site for delicious meat dishes that appear to be low carb. Even if they call for a high-carb ingredient (like potatoes), you can just leave it out. Or just pick up some ideas and invent your own recipes. This of course is assuming that you cook.

http://www.bawarchi.com/recipe/category/non-vegetarian/

If you don’t cook, you can probably buy canned fish, cooked eggs, etc. And it looks like you’re already accustomed to eating simple foods–like a piece of cheese–which is good.

A favorite (easy) recipe from the above website:

http://www.bawarchi.com/recipe/chilli-mackerel-oesu8shbjebij.html

Good luck!