What is your lowest fasted blood glucose?

health

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #1

What is your lowest fasted blood glucose and how do you feel when at that level.

Mine was 63 mg/dl yesterday at about 68 hrs fasted. Lowest yet. Had a slight headache after breaking my fast till bed. Took two ibuprofen and woke up feeling fine. Not sure the way I felt was related or not. My ketones were 2.9 and that is the highest to-date and best GKI and Boz ratio. Maybe my body was loving it and did not like the ketones being removed when feeding.

Who knows. Will fast and try again for 70ish hrs next week. Let’s see if the GKI and Boz ratio get to the same level about.

(Allie) #2

Lowest I’ve seen was 52, ketones at the time were 7.6mmol - that was four days fasted.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #3

Wow that is crazy. How did you feel fasted at that level and when you broke your fast?

(Allie) #4

I felt fine but didn’t have much energy for anything at all, then when I broke my fast I got really sleepy to the point of actually needing to go to bed early. Was fine the next day though.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #5

My energy was lower than in previous fasts at the end. Sleep was great last night. Have a great day @Shortstuff

There’s an interesting topic here discussing low glucose levels both anecdotally and in some clinical studies. Personally, I haven’t been below 70 often, even on a 7 day fast.

Hypoglycemia low blood glucose while highly fat adapted with high ketones Research?

(Bob M) #7

On an official test, 62 after 4.5 days of fasting. On another official test, 112 after a 6 day Feldman protocol, where I extended the first part to 4.5 days then ate as much as I could of high fat for three days and got tested after about 12 hours of fasting. A wide range, and these are official tests.