What I saw on my walk 2023 edition

(KCKO, KCFO) #1

I took this after the last snow storm, so not this morning but a few days ago. They are all facing the same direction which is unusual for them.

(Joey) #2

Given the shadows and this being a morning shot, it would seem they’re all facing Mecca? :bird:

(Allie) #3

I saw my swans starting to nest again… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

(Robin) #4

I remembering seeing that when we lived on a lake. I miss all the comings and goings and noise of geese!

I don’t have photos but I saw 2 deers and a very loud raven today :slight_smile: Yay!

I will visit the waterfowls tomorrow, probably. I haven’t seen them since days! :slight_smile:

I saw snow on distant hills on my morning walk, alas, I was standing too far away to capture it. Weather was glorious. Feel so fortunate to have this beautiful nature on my doorstep.

(Robin) #7

Fortunate? I’ll say! Lucky you.

(Rossi Luo) #8

Nice view! I guess they might have queen or king at that direction~:grinning:

(KCKO, KCFO) #9

Nope, those mountains are the Rockie Mountains, just west of where I live, and they are looking to the south.

(KCKO, KCFO) #10

Beat you don’t miss the smell. The only downside of all the geese in our area, it can get very smelly at times. I still love they live so near by.

(KCKO, KCFO) #11

Alao had 30+ geese flying over . Nice way to start my day.

(Robin) #12

Lucky lucky lucky!!!

(Allie) #13

Yesterday at one of the lakes where I look after the swans I saw this in the clouds, not sure how well the camera caught it but it’s a rainbow type of thing that isn’t actually a rainbow.

(Edith) #14

It might be a Sun dog:

(Allie) #15

No idea what it was, but it was pretty. It was raining where I could see it and was rainbow colours.

(KCKO, KCFO) #16

I think you might be correct. We see them from time to time around here.