What gym equipment do you use?

(Todd Allen) #21

I’ve come to place the most emphasis on exercises without equipment which removes a major barrier to exercising. Instead of needing a big block of uninterrupted time to commit to exercising in a particular spot with particular equipment I can squeeze in a few reps of body weight exercises at most any time or place throughout every day.

Resistance bands are a great first choice for exercise equipment and provide a meaningful addition to what can be accomplished without any equipment. Bands are inexpensive and super convenient in terms of storage and portability allowing one to use them in any room or take them out in the yard or to a work place. I get more use out of my set with handles and anchors versus the closed loop bands but they are so inexpensive it is worthwhile to have both.

(Boston_guy) #22

@Lbomb Yeah, have no interest in Crossfit. Wayyy too likely to get hurt, doing Olympic lifts in competitions for speed, geez. And like the efficiency of 30 minutes in the basement. Only go to gym these days for sauna and occasional deadlifts :slight_smile:

(Running from stupidity) #23

+1

Everyone tells you it doesn’t happen, until they quit because they’re too injured.

(Boston_guy) #24

Yeah, maybe not the best long-term business plan. Google trends shows a peak in 2013-