What food caused you to loose the most control pre KETO?

conversationstarters

(Matt ) #41

Definitely pizza. I used to order a large for me, and another for the rest of the family, finishing up their leftovers for breakfast the next day. Not to mention washing it down with some garlic breadsticks and a beer or coke. Pizza is still the one thing I cheat with occasionally, but am able to limit myself to a slice every month or so.

(Jack Bennett) #42

That’s a great description. I feel like it applies to me as well. While there are foods that I like more, and foods that I like less, I feel like the specific food mattered less than the pattern of behavior I practiced while consuming it.

For me, food-as-treat or food-as-entertainment or food-as-reward has been a common theme. I’ve noticed that even when I was nominally eating Paleo or whatever, I would still have various exceptions and “off-plan meals”. (On Paleo, I could intermittent fast for maybe 16 hours but it was a grind to go much beyond that. Only on keto have I found it possible to do OMAD or fast longer than 20 hours without discomfort.)

After I moved out of my parents’ place, visiting my parents on holiday seemed to be a major venue for me for overeating and continuous “grazing”. My mom (bless her!) would express love and caring by getting foods for my visits that she knew I liked, such as chocolate almonds, cookies, or other treats. (Eat only one or two chocolate covered almonds - I dare you!) Because the several days of the visit would be a “special occasion”, we might eat out a couple of meals a day, perhaps with other family members. Between meals I would snack a lot on the snack foods that my mom had thoughtfully provided for my visit. Some home made, some from the grocery - it wouldn’t matter to me. I would happily snack all day on whatever was there.

Sweet junk foods like Cupcakes, Donuts, Danishes etc would set me on a rampage.

(traci simpson) #44

I love your post! lol how do you fry cauliflower? like fried cauliflower rice? Joy addicted - that term was a bit like me. I Iike to eat with friends and it makes me very happy to say “hey, lets get some food and hang out”

(traci simpson) #45

My Mom makes homemade cakes all the time and slices them up and puts them in the freezer in case we come over and also a candy jar that my sister attacks all the time. I’m not one for candy bars, however the cakes get me every time.

Yep, it’s cauliflower “rice” but as it is extremely different from rice, macros, taste, everything, I never call it that. Riced cauliflower makes sense to me as the pieces are small. That’s important. Big pieces or too tiny ones (my food processor did it best to make a mush. we don’t have riced cauliflower in shops here) aren’t near as good.
I simply fry the small cauliflower pieces, add salt and whatever I want (I like to use pepper in almost everything savory) and it’s already a nice dish. I often add some eggs too as I want to get satiated too and need my protein. I usually eat very little cheese but that suits cauliflower too.

I am a hedonist and I need to eat, of course I want to enjoy the hell out of it. “Food is merely fuel” - that’s totally not me. I expect all my meals to be 9/10 at least. It’s easy, I love various food, it doesn’t need to be complicated. I am in love with all of my ingredients, I think. So eating is very enjoyable, at least when I am at least a bit hungry.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #47

Glazed doughnuts
Yeast bread

(Karen) #48

Peanut m&ms

(jcshrunked) #49

(traci simpson) #50

Crispy cream hot right out of the oven.