What does a gallon of coke a day for 30 days do

(Bart) #1

I believe I can safely say that all of us on this forum would have predicted what happened to this guy but it is still interesting to see. I wish he would have supplies blood test results.

http://www.egokick.com/content/this-man-drinks-10-cokes-a-day-for-a-month-the-results-are-terrifying?rtg=higherpersp-D410VT

I would like to see the same challenge with a diet variety too.

(Bart) #3

I drank about 10 diet cokes a day for 7 days while fasting and had 0 ill effects, and normally drink about 6 diet cokes a day. I have a body fat % around 9 right now (down from over 30 when I started keto). My fasting blood sugar is in the low 60’s and I feel fantastic. What I would be interested in is a non-aspartame diet drink, one with a sweetener that has a known insulin response. Doc Nally says he sees his patients stall or gain on keto and usually figures out it is some sort of insulin spiking sweetener that is the reason.

(Ashley Haddock) #4

I used to live on Coke. I drank it from the time I got up in the morning until I went to bed. It was absolutely the hardest thing for me to give up when I decided to get healthy. The cravings were so intense and even when the cravings stopped I still missed it. I felt like I’d lost a friend. It’s embarrassing to admit it, but I actually cried because I missed it so much for probably the first 6-8 months.

I haven’t craved/missed it for a long time until a couple of weeks ago. I was having an extremely stressful day and that craving snuck back in. Creepy little bastard. Thankfully it went away fairly quickly, but I was so shocked after it being out of my system for over a year that it popped up again.

Crack Zero makes me feel like crap and definitely induces carb/sugar cravings.

(Bart) #6

That uses a sweetener that does spike insulin. Dr. Naly mentioned that one by name in a recent podcast I believe,

Same as Diet Coke - aspartame and AceK

(Bart) #8

Actually Dr. Naly said aspartame was the one that does not affect insulin, he drinks it himself (Diet Dr. Pepper), and that there have been multiple studies that back it up along with his own experiences with his patients. Granted there can be be those few whose bodies respond differently than the majority, but for most aspartame should not have an insulin rising effect, according to science. Psychologically it could make someone desire to eat more sweets but that would not be the fault of the aspartame but rather the persons wiring.

I don’t believe that aspartame doesn’t affect insulin. Maybe it’s ok for a portion of the population. But, not a safe statement for everyone. I’ve tested aspartame with glucose blood monitoring, and quite frankly got the same disaster response as any other artificial sweetener. It puts me on a roller coaster ride…blood sugar crash, followed by rise in blood sugar, then crash again. Then I feel sleepy, cloudy minded, shiver (feel cold). It doesn’t matter which artificial sweetener.

(Bart) #10

why we all have to test ourselves.

(David K) #11

Diet Coke in the US doesn’t have Ace-K.

Oh really? They both do in Europe. Weird

Just curious, have you tested the pure forms of the sweeteners or are you testing the packets? All forms in packets or the equal measure stuff use fillers made of maltodextrin, dextrose, or both. These fillers have known gut biome issues in addition to having a GI equal to or exceeding sugar.

Both. From packets to foods prepared with the artificial sweetener.

I’m talking about the pure form added yourself. Commercial products have too many other variables to isolate a true measure.

I have used aspartame in bulk and pure form, not just packets.

I do A LOT of cooking, from scratch, and am continuously experimenting with a huge variety of stuff in the kitchen. I’m more of an alchemist than a home cook. I’ve tried aspartame, in is pure form, from more than one manufacturer. Also bought some from my overseas trips, brought back home and experimented with it.

I’ve confidently ruled out aspartame as a sweetener. Does not work for me.

(David K) #17

Here is some weirdness for you…

Diet Coke and Diet Dr. Pepper actually stop hunger for me.

Coke Zero from a can will make me ravenous.

Coke Zero in a cup with ice (even poured from a can) has the same affect as Diet Coke.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #18

“Most toilet cleaning products contain instructions like ‘Keep Away From Face’…It may seem rather troubling then to think that Coca-Cola can fill the same role as items in the grocery store that carry that skull and crossbones toxic symbol.”

Yup. So, keep it away from your face.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #20

@Msims But can it clean car batteries?