What did you take a photo of on your walk today? (feat. CHUNK)

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #785

Where I learned to fish and swim with alligators. Seriously true.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #786

With my lovely new bride of 33 years.

(Doug) #787

I did a little astral projection, down around central Florida way, and there was a dour guy who fixed me with a baleful stare:

"Stay off my Dinky Dock…"

SWEET!

(Jane) #789

Needed a project to keep me busy while fasting today and the new stairwell lights came from Amazon yesterday so I decided to install them.

The old sconces were LED’s and 2 of the 3 have failed since we put them in 3 years ago. I never was happy with the way they looked so good time to change them out :slightly_smiling_face:

We went with the Edison bulbs and I love them!!!

I didn’t throw the breaker - just turned off the light switch so when my husband showed up at the top of the stairs I hollered at him to NOT TURN THE LIGHT SWITCH ON! I should have taped over it… I know.

Before:

After:

(Running from stupidity) #790

I’d have kicked one of them by now already.

Looks really nice :+1:

(Jane) #792

Yeah, I worried a bit about that since the others were so flat against the wall.

But we only have a handrail on one side and tend to walk up and down near it in case we stumble and have to grab it.

(Jane) #793

They can be turned to face up also so if one gets kicked I may try that.

They came in a box of 2, so I have one spare fixture.

(less is more, more or less) #794

Here in the U.S.A. there is a company called Limebike. The place a fair number of bicycles throughout an urban area for “renting," of sorts. In the very human urge to hate change, people love or hate Limebike. You might guess I’m a fan. I can rent a bike for about a buck per 30 minutes. About a year ago, they hit Durham pretty hard. It was easy to find a bike in most busy areas. Limebike seems to have waned in the past few months, and it’s become more difficult to find a bike.

Anyhow, they sent me, gratis, this snazzy helmet. I’m a cheap date. Here I am, commuting across campus.

I also write “NO” on the tape. :grinning:

Yeah, those new ones are much nicer. Good job! :+1:

Cheap, but stylish! :wink:

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #797

(Roxanne) #798

A frigid winter wonderland - the pic does not do the sparkling ice justice!

(Leilani) #799

You were strong enough to do the best thing for him, and for that you deserve all the hugs. It’s been one year since I had to do the same thing. So sorry for your loss :broken_heart:

(Karen) #800

Christmas tree lights still on the trees at the front of the park. Raspberry butte in the background at sunrise

Looked prettier to the Naked eye.

(Duncan Kerridge) #801

Shame to see this WWII runway being pulled up just around the corner from my house. It was used by B-17s of the USAAF 452nd group during the war. This pile was the main runway.

(Allie) #802

My dear old man, in his prime :heart:

Heidi refusing to eat or get out of bed :slightly_frowning_face:

Arnold the Marshmallow cat supervising me in bed last night (I read / write by red light), he just sat and watched me for ages.

(Jane) #803

I love the slanted white stripe on the right side of his nose!

(Jane) #804

Sorry your other two furr-babies are so upset. You are in charge so you should be able to fix it! Hopefully they will adjust to his absence soon :slightly_frowning_face: