What did you take a photo of on your walk today? (feat. CHUNK)

(Allie) #1714

My swans have made a start on their nest at last… I feel fluffies approaching :heart_eyes::swan:

(Edith) #1715

Went on a glorious ten mile hike with two of my children yesterday. It was a banner day.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #1716

Okay so they don’t look anything like you do they? LOL. Nice family photo. I hope the walk was great.

(Allie) #1718

Daft cat! Could hear him snoring but couldn’t see him. He doesn’t normally like being covered up. It’s not even been that cold today so don’t know why he was hiding.

Lovely day so we went to Dalby Forest for a couple of hours. Sat, enjoyed the sunshine (with out a coat on!) and drew quilting patterns.

Spotted this at Dalby but didn’t get a chance to photograph it. They had the same idea as us and had stopped in Thornton-le-Dale afterwards.
Actually used the hand crank to start it!

(bulkbiker) #1720

Floral Street Covent Garden London
DulwichPark
Wise advice for us all! (although maybe not the bit about rice, oats or peas…!)

(Marie Dantoni) #1721

Hi, Where were the pix taken ?

(Ashley) #1722

Michigan! On a walking trail!

(Edith) #1723

The walk was great but the delayed muscle soreness today, not so much. :weary:

(Diane) #1724

Took my sister’s pups on a walk around the block and the neighbor’s magnolia is blooming.

(Jane) #1725

Gracie

Claudia

Chloe, Claudia and Greta. Didn’t get a pic of Clara but she looks just like Chloe but coloring on her feathers slightly different

(Ashley) #1726

What kind of chickens are they? They are very pretty!

(Little Miss Scare-All) #1727

My geese HATE peas and rice. I bought them all these peas and they looked at me like “TF is this, woman?”

(Jane) #1728

The ones with the black feathers edged in gold are Gold Black Lace Wyandottes.

The other two with the bronze neck feathers are a Dutch breed called Welsummers. The Kellogg Corn Flake rooster was a Welsummer - gorgeous with dark green tail feathers. The hens are pretty, but not near as showy.

(Running from stupidity) #1729

Well, aren’t we just the chicken expert!

(Ashley) #1730

I love them! I wish I could have some but my dog doesn’t do well with small animals! My next door neighbors have chickens and I have to be very careful to make sure he doesn’t get loose (which is why I wire fenced my entire back yard). I don’t know if he would try to hurt them, but he is a border collie/springer spaniel mix so he’s very fast, very hyper. He chased them once when he was about 5 months old when someone accidentally let him out the gate and it scared me he would hurt them! Had to scream to get him to stop!

(Allie) #1731

Can’t go wrong with mixed corn.

This is special goose and duck pellets I was given yesterday.

And this is what happened when I gave the swans a load of straw to help with their nest building :joy:

And this is my beautiful Magick, aka Zen kitty.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #1732

I was going to buy some cracked corn for them, because I read it was their favorite. I havent been back to work in like 10 days due to a thing that happened to me. I hope they dont forget me.

:rofl: I bet it feels so cool to be standing on it above all the other birds lol. I know how they think.

(Allie) #1733

I hope you’re OK? :heart:

They remember friendly people who help them.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #1734

Yeah was a crazy car accident last week. I’m kind of couch-bound with a tailbone fracture, but it could be worse, but I’m a badass and will be right as rain soon and get back to my geesies.