What did you take a photo of on your walk today? (feat. CHUNK)

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #1508

Looks like a great afternoon.

(Allie) #1509

Morning walk. My poor lad started limping shortly after these were taken (he has ongoing shoulder issues) so we had a very slow walk for over a mile to get home. He’s had an extra painkiller and will rest for the remainder of the day.

Maybe I need to give him two shorter walks instead of one big walk, now he’s getting older… :slightly_frowning_face:

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #1510

He looks like such a sweetheart. As dogs age we have noticed our girl takes longer to heal. Maybe he just needs to rest up a bit for a month or two.

(Allie) #1511

@Iced the vet says it’s arthritis, he’s on two different meds for it but if it keeps flaring I’ll see about getting his dose increased as he’s on the lowest dose for his size at the moment :heart:

He was fine until almost two miles into our walk so I’ll try limiting walks to 1.5 miles for a while to see if that helps him.

(Randy) #1512

Awesome! Made my day! :sunny:

(Jane) #1513

I thought so but wanted to ask to be sure. Going to move my almost 7-week old chicks to their coop this afternoon when I get home. I mounted a heat lamp in the coop ona timer because it’s still getting into the mid-30’s (1.7C) at night. They are fully feathered out so they will huddle and keep each other warm.

Looking forward to your chicken updates :heart:

(Jane) #1514

Just curious what the story is on your rescued chickens since keeping caged chickens isn’t (but should be) illegal.

Why were they removed from the commercial operation?

(Allie) #1515

Once they’re past a certain age and productivity reduces, they’re no longer useful. My friend takes in 200 at a time to find them homes as pets where they can live out their lives in freedom

(Jane) #1516

Ah, ok. Well your chickens hit the poultry jackpot being adopted by you!!!

They should still give you eggs - just not as many as a younger chicken. Mine will be pets whether producing eggs or not - just will increase my flock size as egg production falls off.

(Allie) #1517

Thank you, I hope I can make them happy :heart:

These little ones would all just be culled if not for the rescue taking them in, they’re all very lucky.

(Allie) #1518

My big birds did a mating display for me this evening, as you’ll see, they were literally right next to me so they must trust me more now (this is a new pair, only been here a couple of months) :swan::heart:

Today, I have gone from sunny and t-shirt warm to windy and rainy to full on xmas snow, all within the same country (Norway). I only got a picture of the snow on a tree outside my house. Driving home from the airport was a three hour long nightmare with all the snow on the road, but the brisk walk in the sunshine was kind of nice.

(Wendy) #1520

Hope I picked the right picture. This is the first time I’ve walked to the lake this year. I can’t wait until the flowers start blooming this spring. This is the first day anyone had been out starting to spruce up their yards.

(Wendy) #1521

Notice my duck is hiding her head. :grin:

(Running from stupidity) #1522

She’s ducking, you’re saying?

(Wendy) #1523

Yeah I guess you could say that! :grin:

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #1524

Spring is popping it’s head up in the cracked city streets.

(less is more, more or less) #1525

Another checkin after my Saturday morning run. Today’s real challenge? My son’s 16th birthday with 25 of his closest friends. Please keep my wife and in your prayers.

That’s you new “Admin” avatar, Kyle. :slight_smile:

admin-eric

(Allie) #1527

Just a sample of some of the amazing shots I just got of these guys :heart_eyes: