What did you take a photo of on your walk today? (feat. CHUNK)

Went into Aberdeen today as Hubby wanted to have a nosy around .

Ps. The ones with the green and purple coloured squares are actully ceramic tiles

(Allie) #1349

Chunk loves a good roll on this area as it’s mostly soft moss rather than grass.

Bad week this week. I got in from work and actually sat down on the kitchen floor to cuddle Chunk for a few mins before I could figure out how to even function with my evening routine.

(Doug) #1350

Nice little Octagonal bar behind a hotel in Frederick, Maryland, USA. It’s sweet inside, the bar is also octagonal, and there are all those windows…

Monday (the picture) - nice late winter afternoon, I saw a guy opening the place up… Oh man I would be the first customer… Went to my room and had 2 cups of water; that was my evening.

Last night, got back from work late, warm, golden light pouring out of those windows, silhouettes of gods and angels sitting at the bar, the enticing colors of bottle and label… Went to my room and had 2 cups of coffee.

(Ellen) #1351

It won’t compare to cuddles with Chunk but sending you hugs re bad week.

(Allie) #1352

Thanks @Elle79 :heart:

(Cheryl Meyers) #1353

Is this the mass wildflower bloom I read about that California is getting now after the rains? lovely

(Karen) #1354

Remains of winter storm Ulmer

Didn’t have to walk far for this.

Wind storm blew down our chimney.

(Troy) #1356

Yup😄

Along with the massive “FAT ADAPTED” butterfly migration :rofl:

“The migrating painted ladies are fueled by a packet of yellow abdominal fat, stored from their caterpillar days, that enables them to fly hundreds of miles without stopping. (That fat is responsible for the yellow streaks on your car windshield if you happen to run into one.) When the fat reserve runs out, they will stop and breed. The next generation will continue the trek north.”

(Ellen) #1357

I’m not going to “like” that photo, hope you can get it repaired quickly and no one was hurt.

Oh, but you could!

We haven’t used that fireplace in years. Actually the whole time I’ve lived there.

You’ll like this. Built a bookcase in front of the fireplace, for all our books! :slight_smile:

The chimney has been leaning for years, and I’ve predicted it would fall over anytime. Finally happened. Now we’ve just got to get the hole plugged. :wink:

(Allie) #1359

This morning on our walk we found a canal boat smashed up and left to sink, not good at all. Police informed as I couldn’t just leave it. I believe the owner has now been contacted.

Also this morning we found a canoe and oar dumped on the canal towpath. I expect stolen and dumped. Maybe the same little sh1ts that smashed up the boat :slightly_frowning_face:

(Ashley) #1360

Oh no! That’s a major bummer! Glad you guys are okay though!

(Ellen) #1361

What motivates people to do shit like that?
Thanks for the catch @PaulL :grinning:

Thanks, @juice! :+1:

:grin:

(Running from stupidity) #1363

I know you like people liking things that are unambiguously good, so I liked it :slight_smile:

(Allie) #1364

Honestly no idea, I just can’t think why anyone would want to be so horrible.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #1365

It’s pretty. Pretty damn cold that is.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #1366

Oh no!