What did you take a photo of on your walk today? (feat. CHUNK)

(Jane) #1266

I would be whacked if not for keto. I got back Sat evening after 17 hours of flying and 14 time zone changes and hopped on a plane to Chicago Monday morning.

Looking forward to being home this weekend. All weekend :grinning:

(Allie) #1267

The view from my window at work. Signs being changed as we move to a new building next week so signs have been swapped over and we are temporarily the new company :joy:

(Allie) #1268

We had a shaky start this morning as Chunk didn’t seem right - he was feeling sick and didn’t want to get out of bed. I rushed to a chemist to get him travel sickness pills in case he had another vestibular attack coming on and thankfully about an hour later he was up and about wanting his walk, so here’s what happened :blush:

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #1269

Do you know what the issue is yet?

(Ellen) #1270

Chunk pics always make my day better.

(Allie) #1271

No not yet as the vet wants to wait for a repeat before they’ll investigate more, though everything is pointing towards idiopathic vestibular disease which can’t actually be diagnosed anyway. I’m treating him as if it is vestibular so when he wasn’t right this morning gave him the travel sickness meds which seemed to do the trick.

Old dog vestibular disease… it’s reminding me that my boy is an old man now :slightly_frowning_face:

(Janelle) #1272

The neighborhood is blooming.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #1273

Sweet old boy. I just looked up idiopathinc vestibular disease… Looks like it is scary but not long term. I hope he’s back to feeling like himself soon.

(Allie) #1274

Thanks @Ruina
It was terrifying at the time, for us both as poor Chunk was scared too - he couldn’t stand up so just collapsed on me while I was on the phone to the emergency vet. I’ve got some very knowledgeable friends, several working in the veterinary field too, who suggested vestibular disease so I’ve researched it as much as I can and feel better knowing it most often resolved itself in time.

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #1275

My old girl had this 4 years ago and she is still going strong. It is scary when it’d happens. But it does resolve itself after a while. He will be ok.

(Allie) #1276

Just found this on the side of the canal towpath, I’m assuming it’s a grave for a much loved cat :heart:

Uploading: F8464E9B-CDA4-4159-BBE2-DAA68383601F.jpeg…

(less is more, more or less) #1278

Pine state (NC, USA) greetings. I’m without broadband internet, which is good and bad, but the bill better be pro-rated.

That looks like a GREAT walk!

I’m taking this “on your walk today” term very loosely. :slight_smile:

Found in a restaurant bathroom. :grinning:

But it was empty. :frowning_face:

(Allie) #1281

We had a woods walk again… clearly the cats weren’t with us, but I found them like this when we got home and as they hate each other, I felt the need to capture the moment.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #1282

I can’t find my Okinawa pictures, but the aquarium there has a mouth wash fountain. Like a water fountain… but with mouthwash. Japan is amazing.

(Janelle) #1283

The kittehs are beautiful!

(Allie) #1284

Thank you @CatGirl :heart:
The longhair is Magick, one of my eldest, and the other one is Arnold the Marshmallow cat (my youngest).

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #1285

What a great name.