What did you take a photo of on your walk today? (feat. CHUNK)

(Empress of the Unexpected) #2291

Why did the chickens almost try to cross Valley Boulevard? To get to the adult bookstore? Our resident owns 27 in the U.S. and is a millionaire, but chooses to live here???

Go figure. The residents love the chickens, hate the stray cats. There is a dive bar nearby called the Screamin Chicken Saloon. I propose we rename Fontana Mobile Home Villa “The Screamin Chicken Trailer Park.” Oh, and another neighbor now has ducks!!! Those poor ducks sound SOOO annoyed.

(Jane) #2292

Thanks. We plant a lot of bulbs so they come up every year and don’t require a lot of care.

We also plant a lot of annuals that cost $$$

But I also plant a lot of seeds like zinnias and sunflowers that give back with minimal care :heart_eyes:

(Allie) #2293

(Ellen) #2294

Has it cooled down for you now @shortstuff?

You’re so lucky to live there. LOL at the two “trolls” on the path again.

(Allie) #2296

A more respectable 23 degrees today yes @Elle79, much better than yesterday’s hellish heat :flushed:

(Allie) #2297

Oh that’s a different pair @Sharon_E - everywhere I go there are beady eyes on me :joy:

Goodness, how can you tell they’re different ones?

Some people are dog whisperers or horse whisperers. You’re like an “everything” whisperer. Are you sure you’re human?

(Allie) #2299

Sometimes I wonder :joy:

They’re all slightly different, some have different patterns in their feathers (yes black birds have patterns too, if you look closely), different shaped beaks, some have lumps or a droopy wing, odd white feathers, and different behaviours too. Oh and they all make different sounds. The standard caw sounds are very similar, but they’re very creative and have a wide range of vocal abilities. One actually says “Hello”, another sounds like a phone ringing. I’ve even heard one impersonating the reverse warning alarm some of the work vehicles make here :joy:

That is too funny! :joy:

(Polly) #2301

(Ellen) #2302

That’s much more sensible.

(Susan) #2303

@Shortstuff Allie

The scenery where you live is so majestic… just breath taking… that must be so calming and relaxing at times of stress. just taking in the beauty of it all…

I always love the pics of Chunk… he always looks like he is laughing and smiling, a very content, happy dog, who knows how much he is loved =-).

(Diane) #2304

And he has such soulful eyes.

('Jackie P') #2305

Where is this? It looks so much like Dorset! What a totally wonderful walk!

(Polly) #2306

It was a lovely walk and you are very close with your pinpoint. The walk was from Branscombe to Beer in East Devon, but part of the Jurassic Coast. Portland was just visible in the hazy early morning distance.

('Jackie P') #2307

It’s just the kind of walk I love! Beautiful😍

It looks like this topic is contributing to some of our page load issues lately, with all the image loading involved. What we do with other topics like this - food picture threads like ‘What did you keto today?’ - is start a new one and close the old one.

If @juice or someone else would like to start Part 2, we’ll lock this one.

What did you take a photo of on your walk today? PART 2!
(Allie) #2309

Done :slight_smile:

closed #2310