What did you take a photo of on your walk today? PART 2!

(Butter Withaspoon) #626

The cat chair! 🪑 :joy: :laughing: :rofl: Cats always rule the furniture!

(Jane) #627

I can’t even begin to say how spoiled our cats are!

(Allie) #628

Love it!

(Jane) #629

Awww… so sweet to your kitty!

We adopted an old orange car stray at the end of his life and he was such a sweet boy! Took 6 months of good nutrition before he could jump on the bed.

Since he couldn’t jump onto the window ledges to see out (We had some that went real low) I would pick him up and drape him over my shoulder and take him to a window to look out. He would thank me with a low, raspy purr. :heart_eyes_cat:

(Doug) #630

:slightly_smiling_face::clap:

Somewhat the same story - this is Zachary, also known as Zack the Cat, beside an oak leaf, waiting for an evening meal.

(Jane) #631

Fresh herbs (that didn’t bolt over the summer) for soup tonight and the last of the peppers from my garden. Bell, jalapeño and the tiny red ones are tabasco (pack a punch)

(Diane) #632

The blue morning glories remind me of my childhood and the huge flower gardens my mom planted. I love all your old fashioned flowers (like gladiolas…).

(Jane) #633

Thank-you and glad you appreciate them. Keeping our gardens weeded in the summer is a lot of work but we enjoy the beauty every single day. Bulbs are the best as they come back every year but still have to weed and mulch.

The vegetable garden is my domain and the flowers my husband’s. We both pitch in on the work, but the planning is what I mean. His goal was to have color for as long as possible… and we do starting with the daffodils in March and we still have roses and mums blooming in mid-October. Won’t be long before they all go to sleep for the winter.

We buy a lot of vincas and moss rose in Jul-Aug when it is so hot the perennials are gasping and fading. Then they recover when the weather cools off in the fall and some re-bloom.

(Butter Withaspoon) #634

More flowers from the best season I’ve seen on my local hills. Beautiful morning for an hour’s hilly walk and I had great company too. Afterwards I joined out street weeding working bee and wielded a heavy mattock for 2 hours. Although nobody knew, I hadn’t had any breakfast. Being fat adapted is so great. Had a few cups of tea but no food until now - I am halfway through lunch and its after 2.30pm!

(Butter Withaspoon) #635

I grow a veggie garden as well and do something in it nearly every day, even if it’s just picking some greens. Your peppers are beautiful!

(Jane) #636

Can only eat so many so will chop, blanch, freeze, vacuum seal for soups in the winter. If you freeze before sealing it doesn’t crush your peppers to mush.

(Jane) #637

The big peppers are pussies.

Those tiny red ones will kick your ass

(Doug) #638

Red lampshade, light blue wall.

(KCKO, KCFO) #639

So you walked inside today?

So much smoke around the Front Range area I did one walk with a heavy filtering mask, just to my local park and back.

(Keto Koala 🐨) #640

@Shinita Spee and Dee…:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:. Well they have already met me in Australia… then met you in Hungary… Among with their triplet… whoever you named he or she… THEN… when Spee and Dee Return here… they will travel Australia… Everywhere.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. It’s a COOL idea… the most unlazy sloths that ever existed… though they get carried everywhere.:see_no_evil:. What a brilliant life… to get to travel and be carried where ever you go.:wink:. Maybe Spee could be the Boy and Dee the girl… And when they return to Australia… maybe they might have a baby…:scream::sloth:. Spee, Dee and Peewee.:sloth::sloth::sloth::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

(Keto Koala 🐨) #641

I’m in hospital but I took pics on a nice walk the other day… pretty flower.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

(Keto Koala 🐨) #642

Um why do people have to do this…:scream:. Are they drunk??? Lol… seriously… Who the hell takes off their shoes and throws them on a power line… idiots.:joy_cat::joy_cat:

Usually means someone is selling drugs nearby. Some sites may say this is a myth, and there may be more than one reason, but I have experienced this personally with a house in our neighborhood.

Noticed shoes on telephone line, cars started pulling up to the house all the time, and only stayed 30 seconds or less. My neighbor and I ended up calling the police, and they were already investigating.

Keep in mind, I didn’t know this about the shoes at the time, but later heard about it, then suddenly everything made sense.

(Doug) #644

When I was in school in the 1970s, it was a thing to do, especially if you could steal somebody else’s shoes and then put them up there. :smile:

More recently - Darren, for sure - open air drug markets fairly frequently. 35 years of working in electrical substations and around power lines here. If anything, I think it’s become less frequent, lately.

(Keto Koala 🐨) #645

@dlc96_darren Makes sense cos this was taken in a horrible dodgy area in this town.:see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:. Wow I never knew that… people are SO weird. :roll_eyes::upside_down_face: