Not a Catholic are ya Darren :wink::rofl:

Not even close. :wink:

Iā€™ll feel the guilt for you then - itā€™ll be nice to have a reason :grin:

LOL! :rofl: :laughing:

Iā€™m sure my BIL will appreciate it.

(Laurie) #165

Iā€™m real. Anyone else?

(Running from stupidity) #166

Yeah, well, you WOULD say that if your programming told you to.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #167

If someone is fat adapted, his or her muscles can be metabolizing fat while the liver is occupied metabolizing the ethanol (ethanol can be metabolized only in the liver). The liver does, however, prioritize dealing with the ethanol over producing ketone bodies, that is true.

In a sugar burner, ketogenesis is not at issue, because of the high insulin level, and ethanol is, I believe, prioritized over the fructose moiety of any sucrose that happens to have been ingested. Or perhaps they compete for the liverā€™s attention, Iā€™m not actually sure. And of course, the muscles can continue burning the glucose moiety of the sucrose, as well as any other glucose that happens to be running around, and the fat cells can store some of that glucose as triglycerides.

I was always confused when people posted that vodka and gin were carb-free. Now I know that they are, since they are almost entirely ethanol, and ethanol is not a carb. Who knew?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #168

Today I learned that Mic is virtually human. :smile:

(Karen) #169

Family dynamics are complicated. It doesnā€™t seem as though you should be stuck with the cost of a head gasket that was going to blow. Perhaps you can offer to help out. If youā€™re mechanically minded you can change the head gasket yourself. Just free you advice, worth exactly what you paid for it

(Running from stupidity) #170

Youā€™re reading it wrong - itā€™s all of you who are virtual humans.

Thatā€™s just something Iā€™m working towards.

(Laurie) #171

Georgian dances . . . what can I say?

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #172

Well thatā€™s fun!

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #173

I learned that despite not having carbs at lunch, a post lunch nap can be a great thing for afternoon mental performance. Hey Iā€™m a 65yo. Naps are always good.

(Running from stupidity) #174

I did the same thing today! But it was late afternoon. And I didnā€™t want to as I had some pig fat on the cooktop rendering down into lard.

But it happened anyway, because Iā€™m 55, and have CFS, and depression, and all sorts of reasons :slight_smile:

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #175

Yes, the print shop was opened on the first floor in 1908 and folks lived on the upper floors for years, until the 1950ā€™s and then it was used as part of the print shop but the third floor, the bedrooms, were simply abandoned and used for storage. It could be such a cool space but the windows are bricked over and painted from the outside.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #176

Keto has made me braver. I knew if the ghosts trapped me I could live off my abdominal fat for days until I was found.

(Running from stupidity) #177

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

(Running from stupidity) #178

Man, I learned that Excel online is CRIPPLED. Canā€™t even do custom conditional formatting, which you CAN do in the playschool Google Sheets.

(Karen) #179

Absolute beauty of the human body! Although I actually cringed when They jumped up in the air and landed on their knees and jumped to their feet. Knees donā€™t last

(Elena Serrano-trigila) #180

Sounds like the perfect Halloween party set-up!