What did you learn today?

I don’t think that is what he is saying at all :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

(Laurie) #766

I learned that you can type (keyboard) the message of your choice and use it as an outgoing voicemail greeting.

Until I figured this out, I was stymied, because I wanted to say “don’t leave a message,” and my own voice is not very clear.

Now I have an almost-human whitebread male voice saying, “Hello. No one checks this mailbox. I pity the foo who tries to leave a message. Thank you.”

(Ellen) #767

That sucks, maybe buy a punching bag, much easier on the hands than a wall.

(Running from stupidity) #768

Who knew Laurie was Mr T?

I think it’s her profile pic that threw me. Now that I think of it, her stories would all fit Mr T to a … well … to a T.

(Running from stupidity) #769

I learned that if you put some water and detergent in the bottom of the oven and then put the oven on to 60C and then forget it and fall asleep in the middle of the afternoon then wake up and have a shower before going back upstairs where you discover the oven is still on so you turn it off and then scrub it out for half an hour or so that you may as well not have had the shower in the first place.

Ok thanks, so please explain what he was saying in lay terms so everyone on the forum can understand it.

And why are you and I talking about Paul, he can speak for himself.

Read his response again. I don’t owe you an explanation of it.

(Running from stupidity) #772

Hey Gabe mkII, if you could keep the CICO stuff out of here, that’d be great. There are well-established and admin-sanctioned fight threads for that.

And why are you and I talking about Paul, he can speak for himself.

Because Safi’s COMMENT is that he’s not saying that. IN HER OPINION. It’s the “I don’t think that” bit that gives it away.

(Heather Meyer) #773

Yep!

(Ellen) #774

That putting parsley in your vagina is a “thing”, so much so that Dr’s are in the news saying it’s a BAD idea (if anyone with even half a tech-enabled brain cell can post a link, feel free, I have no clue how to on phone).

(Ellen) #775

But you’d look great with purple facial hair! Or maybe even rainbow hair?

(Heather Meyer) #776

Ive learned that its pointless to discuss fasting with people at work… especially over lunch. They are like vultures feeding at a table… I learned that people are still playing the “right portion” card in weight loss…

Gwynnie Paltrow again? Has to be :joy:

(Ellen) #778

Marie Claire, but it does sound like something she’d say, wonder if you should add the parsley before or after the steaming?

Probably goes nicely with the jade egg :laughing:

(Running from stupidity) #780

Gwenyth! I bet it is!

While I wouldn’t PAY to to see this, I would VERY much LIKE to see it.

Heh. Who knew?

SNAP

And it is WITH the jade egg or an alternative?

Snap again :joy:

Ha ha, very funny juice. You have your hobby horse subjects and I have mine.

I have learned - Phinney and Volek have supplied a great example which looks very much like it encompasses both sides of the CICO debate. Making both sides of that debate valid. I would’ve thought that might’ve brought some peace.

I realise most people are interested in Weight Loss, but some, like me, are interested in Weight Maintenance and dare we ask - is it possible to overeat and go beyond Maintenance into actual weight gain or will that question get shutdown with “don’t be stupid that’s impossible” and don’t dare to ask such questions here?

Or is this your dry sense of humour and I’m not getting it.

(Running from stupidity) #783

Say what? I started a thread - that actually turned into a really good thread and thus got closed - about how fasting is NOT essential for noobs. (Lesson: never say anything in here about not-eating if it’s not just agreeing that everyone should be not-eating all the time, it’s against the forum ethos apparently. Shame that Jason Fung isn’t more widely read for a better understanding of it, but oh well.) I’ve got the entire fasting sub-forum muted. I don’t think it’s one of my pet loves, somehow.

I realise most people are interested in Weight Loss, but some, like me, are interested in Weight Maintenance and dare we ask - is it possible to overeat or will that get shut down with “don’t be stupid that’s impossible”?

No, but we’re heading back to “everyone here drinks liquid butter!” territory, and I’m trying to keep that BS to Gabe’s CICO-warrior thread where it’s apparently fine to say whatever you want, abuse whoever you want, and the admins are fine with it. That administrative forbearance doesn’t seem to extend to other threads, so I’m just trying to be cautious. I like this thread, and want it to keep running.

Or is this your dry sense of humour and I’m not getting it.

Who, me?

:slight_smile:

Sorry to hear it. But it wasn’t me who shut it down.

Ok, I understand, let’s not rock the boat on this thread then. (I still need to know the exact details of Weight Maintenance, and the great beyond. Frankly I’m not going to swallow 1600 Cals worth of butter just because it springs from one example in one book). I’ll take up my sincere question in other thread.)