What did you learn today?

This paper shows protein absorption levels off at 20g, you can eat all you want after that, your muscles will not get bigger. But your belly will get fatter.

Like excess carbs, excess proteins are not a great idea. Nuvo de lipogenesis applies, Don’t burn fat, store it.

Link:

(Ellen) #726

That my “emergency” pack of cup soups expired over a year ago and that they have 12.2g of carbs per cup, they’ve been binned and won’t be replaced.

(Heather Meyer) #727

Thats like me at work…
Lady with hypothyroid and high blood pressure problems was being told by her Doc to do better in weight loss. She is quite heavy. So today she comes in with plain meatballs and rice for lunch with canned mushroom soup and she says “i need to cut my portions down and neef to get rid of salt and fat in my diet”

In my head im thinking… oh Lady i think you got your info a little backwards…

(John) #728

I’ve learned that typing out my response to a thread and then clicking the “Cancel” and “Yes, Abandon” buttons is usually a better approach than clicking “Reply.”

(Scott) #729

Not trying to start something but other than state workers states don’t pay wages but employers do. Changing the minimum wage would never affect my employees pay as they are far above that however their cost of a fast food meal would likely increase.

My point was more that states set the minimum wage (eomployers can of course pay higher) but that pretty much no state’s minimum wage qualifies as a living wage, because you can’t live on it.

(Heather Meyer) #731

I learned…
That even though fasting is amazing…there is still a need for eating…guess im not super-human after all…

(KCKO, KCFO) #732

That is the level of their audience.

Just want to mention that the insurance companies are the ones who wrote the Affordable Health Care Act, the only way that resembles Obama’s proposed plan which did not get acted upon, is the pre existing conditions. Everything else is aimed at the needs of the insurance cos. Not the person’s needs.

(Scott) #733

Gambling in Casablanca, I am shocked!

(Running from stupidity) #734

Pffft, I’ve progressed past that to the point that I can do all of that mentally.

Not, you know, that I always DO that…

Well, it’s a useful tool.

…there is still a need for eating…guess im not super-human after all…

Amazing, innit?

(Empress of the Unexpected) #735

Learned two things.

I still can’t click on forum links on my useless Dell, so have to use the phone.

Fresh Parmesan on a simple lettuce and tomato salad is heaven.

No, three things. Take care, and do not run into bathroom and skid on bath mat. Trust me. I’m guessing this will improve in like six months, if I get lucky?

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #736

I learned that you can eat cherries and they could be considered Keto. One cup of cherries with pits can work. :grin:

Not that I plan on eating them but when the season rolls around I will.

(Kirk) #737

I recently got exposed to a refrigerant chemical on a fire call which came in as ‘smoke in the building’ but quickly turned into a hazmat. I’m a firefighter, and was driving the first in truck. I started exibiting symptoms after an hour, and turned my truck over to another driver and reported to triage. With my heart history, (a heart attack after a fire call five years ago), the paramedics took all precautions. I had my chest shaved for a twelve lead EKG, on O2, transported by ambulance after presenting with nausea, dizzyness, brief cardiac arrhythmia.

Six of us, three of the entry team, two employees of the business and myself, went to the hospital for assessment, drugs as required, and eventual release and transport home after several hours.

The point is, all off this cost us, personally, $0.00. Move to Canada.

(Scott) #738

As an employer in the US any of my employees that need medical attention on the job pay $0.00 too because of worker compensation Insurance. Even if you don’t have this insurance you are still liable so it is rare that an employer would not have it. Relocation not (yet) required.

(Ellen) #739

Label the food you freeze, I have no idea if I’ve got beef stew or beef madras out to defrost.

(Diane) #740

Yep. Label and date.

(Ellen) #741

Oddly I do put the date on just not what it is, go figure :unamused:

(Running from stupidity) #742

Our freezer is too small to need to bother with dates (getting a bigger fridge upstairs would be a MAJOR issue on the order of using a lift to get it up to the balcony outside type effort). Although I do date the sous vide steak in order to keep the batches together, now I only buy it all from the one place I think I’ll stop bothering.

(Kirk) #743

That is good to hear, but often not the narrative we hear about health care south of the snow line.

I learned that trying to discuss trans/nb issues with a certain coworker proved to me my time would be better spent punching a brick wall.